Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Magpies Nest

Death of a Magpies Nest

It is with great regret I have to report the removal of the magpies nest went ahead this afternoon no longer will Waddas be given to stare into the space above me 'ead an evoke incantations of long lost childhood memories of scragging birds nests

Thanks for the well meaning suggestions about knitting needles earlier Jingzy even that didn't help it went ahead as scheduled with no last minute reprieves.

Come on fella..

Wheres the before and after pickies

Ayup Terry, no words of sympathy, just a lust for the gruesome details
    I knew it was coming the small person has taken them and shall post later trying to remember the photobucket login

was there anything in it?

as kids we always checked maggie nests for shiny stuff, I once found a cheap bangle in one.

I thought it looked like a Rooks nest in late winter but then I changed my mind as the bald bit on the top reminded me of a Maggies nest

How are you mate hope all is well with you and Fran. We will plan a visit in the new year

Take care, by the way what are you going to do with the hair that has been removed ? make a rug or something, or maybe a nice sweater for Wada's to keep cold out

bloody hell rob i did hear there was a tornado went through derbyshire last week ,malc i dont think it was thick enough to make a rug or sweater ,i surpose there may be enough to make a cosy for your coffee pot rob

i got a selection of before's, just need a few of the afters
    quite looking forward to this

Cmon Rob, lets see the piccies... did you finally succumb to peer pressure from Fester and Andy to 'join their club'??

Gez

some club that will be
    'Right said Three'
    has a certain ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by bobt
    was there anything in it?

as kids we always checked maggie nests for shiny stuff, I once found a cheap bangle in one.
    Damn! I had never thought of it in that way, I wonder how many trinkets have gone skyward when coming into contact with two & quarter ounces of shot? They always used to get the same treatment as the higher squirrel dreys.