Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ppu brass

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

ppu brass

got a shooting buddy thinking of reloading the ppu 222 cases .

how do those that use it find it,

I have reloaded some in 243 and found the brass better than ok,

your thoughts please.

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    got a shooting buddy thinking of reloading the ppu 222 cases .

how do those that use it find it,

I have reloaded some in 243 and found the brass better than ok,

your thoughts please.

thank you

bob.
    I have given some once fired .243 ppu brass to a mate for reloading.According to him it is good quality brass

Just worked up a load for 6.5x55. I have alway settled with an average variation of 20 to 30fps. This brass has found a sweet spot which gave me an average variation of 11fps over 10 rounds. The jury is still out though. I will be closely inspecting it after each firing. I hope it will last long enough to make it worth using.

I'm pretty sure PPU headstamped brass is different to NNY. I have found NNY are very slightly heavier and I am getting a little more pressure from them. Would be interested in anyone elses findings.

I've had NNY and PPU stamped brass in .308, the NNY is certainly heavier and not a bad case.

I also had 100 PPU stamped .44mag cases, terrible brass, several case neck splits areter 2 or 3 firings using a mild indoor 25m load. Using the same load in StarLine cases I have cases that have been fired more than 10 times with almost no stretching or any sign of wear.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Dont worry about longevity tackleberry, I use ppu cases fro my .223 with a pretty hot load for the 50gr ballistic tips and they are still going strong 10 reloads later.
    Ive had one case neck split so far out of 100 i bought, so more than happy, also the case weights have been pretty consistent.
    Paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

I've used it in .222, .243, .308 and 30-06 and found it as good as any other brass I've used before.

I'm gonna be the odd one out I know I tried reloading it with my .243 and I found it pretty rubbish to be honest, maybe it was a bad batch! But same load with other brass i, e Norma was fine just my experience anyway!

I use PPU in 7x57, 6.5x55, 30-06, and 243. All good.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'm gonna be the odd one out I know I tried reloading it with my .243 and I found it pretty rubbish to be honest, maybe it was a bad batch! But same load with other brass i, e Norma was fine just my experience anyway!
    I tried it once, and did not get on too well with it. but they were once fired factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

NNY or PPU?