Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on 22rimfire

Advice on 22rimfire

I have a ruger 10/22 but when I got it it would not group it was repaired under warranty and now shoots ok, my problem is with it that I now have no confidence in the gun and I am thinking of getting rid of it and getting a different rifle.
    First How do I go about getting a variation on my fac?
    Next thing is I am looking of recommendations of accurate 22's which won't break the bank as money is tight at the moment with having a new baby and the wife on maternity.

Get a BRNO and you won't go wrong. Failing that, CZ - same thing but newer.

i would get an anschutz rx22 they have a match chamber and are still semi auto. of course i'm biased because i'm selling one.

Take it to a dealer thats got a CZ 452 trade it in you will have to get the dealer to take the 10/22 off your ticket then send it back to your police force firearms dept and ask them to open you another slot. I will not cost you to do this. You may be able to get your firearms team to put your 10/22 onto a temp cert and give you a new slot on your FAC. They dont like doing this though.

My 10/22 shoots very well youve got to find what ammo it likes though.

give the ruger another chance........ Mine liked the plainest shells you could get for it... Federal champion target load was good and a squires & bingham standard velocity was best when you could find them. It didn't like hollow points but was good enough with solids that you could do headshots making hollow points unnecessary.....

Cz 452 or a 455. I got a new 455 a lasr year and it is awesomely accurate. It will shoot under 1MOA at 100 yards with winchester subs that have been weight and rim thickness sorted.

Steve.

You couldn't pay me to have a ruger 10/22 I've heard nothing but problems with them as stated cz Brno are great little guns
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I have a cz, all my shooting friends have cz 22's, all use the same mags and really never had a problem with them. They are not fussy and shoot anything. With the right scope, adjustable turrets and a good rest they are accurate to 100mtr plus but of course are at their best at about 60 - 70 meters. They have an age spread of 20 years i guess, as i think one is actually a Brno, and all shoot basically the same

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    You couldn't pay me to have a ruger 10/22 I've heard nothing but problems with them as stated cz Brno are great little guns
    have you actually had one? Believing hearsay makes folks miss out on the good things of life more often than not.... Prolly safe to say that 90% of gun problems are people problems in disguise....

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    have you actually had one? Believing hearsay makes folks miss out on the good things of life more often than not.... Prolly safe to say that 90% of gun problems are people problems in disguise....
    yep I had one in Canada ( loaned to me I should say ) accuracy was bad at best and was always jamming , had friends who had them also and would never have them again good enough for you ??
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions