Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: venison prices

venison prices

just got 1.80 per kilo for clean sika hinds, was 2.20 last lot of stags i put in, what prices are you getting, north scotland area.
    Last edited by jb7x57; 09-12-2013 at 19:29.

Firstly I'm guessing there's meant to be a decimal point in there somewhere otherwise you are the richest stalker on here......
    secondly, although not in your region, I normally find that early season the prices are high, but that later, when it's mainly hinds, and a lot more of them, the price tends to go down a bit, I it's a fairly common pattern I would say?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I find that the prices have been fairly static for at least the last ten years.

I'm sure it just the price they pay us stalkers though...I bet their retail/wholesale prices go up in line with inflation etc.

ATB

180 a kilo, that would be nice!

At the price it would be worth me driving up from Hampshire with just a Roe or Muntjac

Local guy is paying 90p/pound for fallow which is near as **** is to swearing 2 per kilo. This time last year I had to buy a couple of haunches off him as I had overlooked a request for venison for Christmas from some friends and had to pay 5.95 per kilo for them... didn't make the same mistake this year and sorted requests early with a nice 50lb fallow fawn - had to stop myself eating the fillets as I eased them out with my thumb they were so good!

I'm getting 2.80/kg for Reds and Fallow (collected) although this price tends to drop in the New Year.

I'm getting 2.80 kg for fallow , collected ...the same as last year . The price stayed the same all season .

Was getting 2.60kilo for stags and down to 2.40kilo for hinds and getting 2.80kilo for roe at the minute.

Where are you getting them prices

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    Local guy is paying 90p/pound for fallow which is near as **** is to swearing 2 per kilo. This time last year I had to buy a couple of haunches off him as I had overlooked a request for venison for Christmas from some friends and had to pay 5.95 per kilo for them... didn't make the same mistake this year and sorted requests early with a nice 50lb fallow fawn - had to stop myself eating the fillets as I eased them out with my thumb they were so good!
    That's crap money. Should be getting 1:10 lb easily - lots of reasonably local people paying It if you shoot a fair few