Thread: Which zeiss binos?.

Which zeiss binos?.

I have been looking at buying some zeiss binos for Xmas. I have been looking at conquest 8x42 but saw 8x32 on offer on uttings. Which would you guys go for any advice very welcome.

Thanks james

I have been using Zeiss 10x42 for 15 years cant fault them,as long as you have'nt got the shakes go for 10's. Wf1

Wildfowler I've got an ancient pair of 10x and I cant see a thing. I shake like a shitting dog when using binos.

Cheers

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Below a certain level stalkers go with Minox because it rhymes with Xbox and they can spell it but in the real world Zeiss crushes all before it.

If trying to decide between an 8x32 and an 8x42 work out how wide a field of view you require. Both of these Conquest HDs are excellent, for younger eyes the 8x42 will give you 5-8 minutes longer at dusk.
    Last edited by Spix; 09-12-2013 at 20:16.

SD Regular
    I've a pair of Leica 8x32 in the classifieds that would be at least as good as the Zeiss. The eye relief is excellent so should cope with any unsteadiness well.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

When I bought my 8/42 conquest I spoke to the lad from Ziess who stalks and his advice was get the 42 if you were in woodland or looking into it last or first thing. I love my conquest bins delighted with them

Thanks for replies chaps, Thin I'm going to go for x42's most of my stalking is munties and fallow very last ligh.

Cheers james

If you shoot first/last go for 8x56 more weight but much more light

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy.jim86 View Post
    Wildfowler I've got an ancient pair of 10x and I cant see a thing. I shake like a shitting dog when using binos.

Cheers
    You must be one hell of a rifle shot.Wf1

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy.jim86 View Post
    I have been looking at buying some zeiss binos for Xmas. I have been looking at conquest 8x42 but saw 8x32 on offer on uttings. Which would you guys go for any advice very welcome.

Thanks james
    Hi James put a bit more in the pot and go for the Victory binos in 8x42 absolutely brilliant and as good imo as Swaros, for less cash.

Regards WB