Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can you recommend a trailcam that sends emails

can you recommend a trailcam that sends emails

Hi Chaps

Can anyone recommend a trail cam that is good at sending emails ???

theres loads on ebay but which one is any good ????

also what do you guys do in relation to the sim card, do you PAYG or small monthly etc etc, cus would you need 3g or internet enabled sim to send emails not sure ????

Thanks for your time

ATB

Dave

As far as i no , there is only the little acorn one , which is a pretty good one by all acounts , but i may well be wrong , atb arron. Ps am sure you need to top up your credit to the sim card .

Thanks for posting this 223, i am also interested in this, i am just concerned it will send lots of false readings as well so it would need to be placed very carefully to avoid it.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Thanks for posting this 223, i am also interested in this, i am just concerned it will send lots of false readings as well so it would need to be placed very carefully to avoid it.
    Cheers
    Richard
    yea placement would be key, would be good to here from someone thats got one up and running and could say this is the camera you want and this is the sim you need (depending on signal/network ) etc etc
    before wasting money

I have tried various versions of these, and the only reliable one I have found is the Spypoint Live 3G.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/produc...-Trap-5257.htm

I have several ScoutGuard SG550M-8M. They operate 100% reliable once you get the settings right. I had to debug/reverse engineer the settings myself.

That said, the camera is very basic and lacks some settings found on more expensive ones. It's also quite slow to send the pictures (real time interval between pictures would be about 4min).

I won't comment on the false reading issue since it would take a special setup to find out whether there's false readings or is there a bird or something triggering the camera.

BTW, I intentionally chose a camera with "red IR" leds instead of "black IR", since the latter lacks power and range (or at least used to lack, given the same electric consumption).

Hi jthyttin, i also tried a Scoutguard but could not get it to work on the UK GSM network.

Perhaps Finland uses a different GSM bandwidth?

Hi i have used the little acorn 5210lmm they are a good camera, however have reverted back to standard versions as , 'what a pain in the arse' it is, i found that depending on location, i would be getting really excited everytime i got message only to see a bloody squirrel or a sodding badger... but if you can be sure of the position or location on known land then maybe ok..imo

Quote Originally Posted by rick6point5 View Post
    Hi i have used the little acorn 5210lmm they are a good camera, however have reverted back to standard versions as , 'what a pain in the arse' it is, i found that depending on location, i would be getting really excited everytime i got message only to see a bloody squirrel or a sodding badger... but if you can be sure of the position or location on known land then maybe ok..imo
    did you used to get the pictures via text or email

and what did you do as reguard of a sim card

Hi yes via text to phone or email, phone is quicker but laptop email better as i could see more and do more if required, got a kit from mate with t mobile sim PAYG, it will need to have a good reception to work at its best min 2 bars of reception i found. better off with std sd card type i reckon. but if your not ble to check it may be good, will act just like std camera all req is to reset and adjust.
    atb