Thread: Kids Cammo clothing

Kids Cammo clothing

I'm after some decent waterproof, breathable, silent clothing for my lad who is just coming up to 10 years old, so something aged 10-12 should do fine. Average height but skinny!
    I like the look of the Seeland 'Benjamin' range as does he, especially as that is his name! The Deerhunter 'Little Oscar' stuff looks ok too.
    He's got normal summer type cammo stuff but needs something with greater protection for out stalking in the winter. (Don't want to put him off eh?!)
    What have you got please?
    Any other ideas welcomed.
    MS

Mick,

My 13 year old lad has the Seeland Benjamin kit and it's excellent - pretty much bomb-proof and as well made as the rest of their kit. He also has some plain green Deerhunter stuff (Game Tracker I think?) which is tough and well made but looks a bit smarter when he's beating on the local posh shoot.

We looked at the Little Oscar kit and decided the mushroom-based pattern was too weird - it's also quite dark in colour which I tend not to like.

Decent small boy's boots are still a pain to source though.

Adam.

I got my 11-year old son a 4-in-1 parka from Cabelas of the States; warm, dry, silent, versatile being 2 layers....and very good VFM (although the $/ rate was a tad better at the time than it is now). Comes in a range of camo patterns too.

May be worth a gander at their website? Just consider sizing carefully - too large ain't so bad 'cos they will insist on growing, but too small.....well, it isn't bobbing summat back to Marks n Sparks if you've shipped it from the States!!

I bought my kids regular army DPM jackets that are padded/quilted from ebay. Only about 25 eachand they're warm. I tend not to wear DPM myself so as not to be mistaken for a terrorist or 'walt' but my little girls think they're cool.

My boys have the deerhunter (wolf I think it is-plain green) suit, and its great, like you say you dont want to put them off through being cold and wet!

I got my 4yr old the Deer Hunter wolf set before the pheasant season started and he has never complained about being cold.
    It is good value compaired to the Seeland set, but the Seeland set is excellent quality.

I bought the Seeland kit several years ago for my two boys. They wear it all of the time and it has never let them down. The way it is wearing it will survive several hand-me-down's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goingback
    I bought the Seeland kit several years ago for my two boys. They wear it all of the time and it has never let them down. The way it is wearing it will survive several hand-me-down's as well.
    Sounds good stuff! If they've had it several years it must be getting a bit small? You could hand it down to me!
    Cash waiting!
    MS

Trousers used to keep their ears warm and now their knee's are getting cold.