Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcel Farce!!!

Parcel Farce!!!

I recently sold a rifle on here. Having agreed a deal etc, I took rifle to my local RFD to be transferred to the buyers RFD. (no need to name either RFD).

The rifle was picked up from my RFD on 28/11, then what followed can only be described as an absolute farce.

They 'allegedly' tried to deliver to receiving RFD on Friday, and again on Monday. Then on Tuesday they attempted delivery and left the rifle with a neighbouring business.

At no point had they left a 'calling card' and the receiving RFD was present on both days in his premises, it was only when I was contacted by the buyer and RFD to say the rifle still hadn't arrived that I called to trace the package, only to find it had been signed for by an unknown name, then alarm bells started to ring as no-one could account for the whereabouts of the rifle.

Having called Parcelforce with the tracking numbers etc and being told "we don't carry firearms" I asked to speak to someone who knew what they were doing.

I was informed that they had dropped it at a neighbouring business because they were busy, and the depot manager couldn't control what his drivers did.

When I asked them if they realised they had left firearms with someone not authorised to possess them, I think the penny finally dropped that someone had dropped a B*LL**K.

Parcelfarce is the term we use around here!, along with some strange grey area's a certain cartridge company takes advantage of.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My Hermes are no better either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueduncan View Post
    My Hermes are no better either!!
    Glad auto correct didn't replace the m with a p...!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Herpes are rubbish , I don't use them now for reasons I won't go into now.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler – 1933

I don't think there's any parcel or letter service I'd trust these days, sad but true. Frequently we've had cards through the door to say that that Parcel Farce (good name) have called and nobody is in, yet we have been. We live in a cul-de-sac and a neighbour got one through the door and was able to catch them on the way out. They admitted that they didn't even have the parcel with them!

Another good ploy by Royal Fail is to charge under postage for items. A relative posted a Christmas card with gift token in, charged £6 and some pence, next day delivery, weighed, stamped, put through their plastic counter letter box and taken at a post office. By the time it reached Cumbria, it was a day late and all we got was a card saying it was at the sorting office, underpaid and there was £7.20 to pay! Nice earner! Not the first time this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    I recently sold a rifle on here. Having agreed a deal etc, I took rifle to my local RFD to be transferred to the buyers RFD. (no need to name either RFD).

The rifle was picked up from my RFD on 28/11, then what followed can only be described as an absolute farce.

They 'allegedly' tried to deliver to receiving RFD on Friday, and again on Monday. Then on Tuesday they attempted delivery and left the rifle with a neighbouring business.

At no point had they left a 'calling card' and the receiving RFD was present on both days in his premises, it was only when I was contacted by the buyer and RFD to say the rifle still hadn't arrived that I called to trace the package, only to find it had been signed for by an unknown name, then alarm bells started to ring as no-one could account for the whereabouts of the rifle.

Having called Parcelforce with the tracking numbers etc and being told "we don't carry firearms" I asked to speak to someone who knew what they were doing.

I was informed that they had dropped it at a neighbouring business because they were busy, and the depot manager couldn't control what his drivers did.

When I asked them if they realised they had left firearms with someone not authorised to possess them, I think the penny finally dropped that someone had dropped a B*LL**K.

was it parcelfarce plymouth depot by any chance?it sounds like there kind of service.........looking forward to the day that the effects of privatisation hits them,they wont know what hit em!!!!!

Some Parcel Force and Post Office employees have an attitude of.... no matter what I do or don't do, I'll still have a job.
    Maybe things will change with privatisation, good luck with that.

I've had recorded delivery letters and even one registered letter just chucked on the porch floor when the front door was open.
    The doorbell was fully operational but just not used and there was someone in.
    I don't like to complain about anyone but on the third time of this I got myself down to the sorting office.

ps...the above was in Edinburgh where the postie's changed all the time. "Out" here it's fine.
    Last edited by private fraser; 11-12-2013 at 11:46.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Many years ago on a TV comedy program called 'Alas Smith and Jones' it showed the pair of them on a stakeout outside a house. They'd been there for days with 'take away' debris strewn all over the dash. Then one of them says "we've got movement" You see someone leave the house. They wait until they've just driven off and then rush over to the house and post a 'While you were out we tried to deliver a parcel' note through the door.
    Flogging will continue until morale improves