Goshawk

Mickeydredd

A friend took some nice pics of my goshawk at the weekend, I particularly like this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 535
Great photo!

I remember years ago while out for roe on some hill ground next to forestry, coming across 3 Goshawk chicks just old enough to fly, sitting on a stock fence post each, all in a row. Couldn't see the parent bird at the time. Was only a matter of yards away and all just sat staring at me. That would have made a fantastic photo, except I hadn't taken the camera that day!

yes, he runs photography workshops using my goshawk.

I'll post another couple shortly

Last edited:
here's another couple

Attachments

• gilly.jpg
    gilly.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 86
  • gilly post.jpg
    gilly post.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
ps I'm looking for ground to hunt this bird on through the game season if anyone can help out. Main quarry is rabbit/blue hare/pheasant and partridge, but would be happy for just rabbit ground availability.

Willing to help out or pay for access.

Perthshire/Angus/Fife area preferred but anywhere in Scotland considered, especially for blue hare!!

Also happy to accept the odd invite for a day out to show what this girl can do, have done that on a couple of local shoots just to show them what is actually involved in falconry.

Cheers
Mike

stunning photo's i do love the goshawk , a coincidence today i saw a Goshawk take a blackbird no more than 50 feet from me .

Back