New rifle build

Predator

Hi guys,
Im after a new rifle build. Can anyone recommend any custom rifle builders? Has anybody had any dealing with or know of the guy in Northampton, uk gunworks?

Yes that him. Have seen his website but don't know anyone who has had a rifle from him. Has he built guns for you before? What are his prices/build time like?

Try devon custom rifles done me a great job on my sako 75 action rebarrel and pillar bed and a new stock great bunch of lads to deal with. They do there own actions as well a fast turn around time as well and a very good price I tried a lot of gunsmiths and they-offered the best price and turn around.

Give NITROEXPRESS a try. He has just shipped in a batch of actions from the states (very nice I was looking at them the other day). Has a large selection of stocks in stock and ties with a number of excellent gunsmiths. He owns a number of custom guns as examples etc.

Hi guys,
Im after a new rifle build. Can anyone recommend any custom rifle builders? Has anybody had any dealing with or know of the guy in Northampton, uk gunworks?

I've used Chris Backburn/UK Gunworks, he knows his stuff.

I also use Neil Mckillop (Mckillop Engineering) in Reading. Neil has just rebarrelled a T3 in .260AI for me, excellent quality of work.

Chris fitted a new barrel to my Tikka T3 .243, fitted the GRS stock and lightened the trigger. The rifle shoots superbly, he wont let you down.

James ... Jager SA on here,

also

Neil mckillop of mckillop engineering. Dasherman on here.

i have great trust in both and both have and are doing things for me, my stuff will not go anywhere else.

bob.

Have you tried dave at bowtec custom rifles. He lives up your way. And has some very good prices.

Good info guys definitely plenty of options to go at and look into further.. The rifle calibre I was after was 6mm br for small deer,fox and vermin... More than likely going to be a custom build but can't help been drawn back to the blaser r8 pro

If Chris cant help on a 6mmbr, try Brock and Norris(they are on here). Mike Norris built mine and two mates 6mmbrs.

Last edited:
+1 for Devon custom rifles, I was the worlds most awkward customer wanting all oddball things and they did a beautiful job with my rifle would recommend!

QUOTE=lyon;696714]Try devon custom rifles done me a great job on my sako 75 action rebarrel and pillar bed and a new stock great bunch of lads to deal with. They do there own actions as well a fast turn around time as well and a very good price I tried a lot of gunsmiths and they-offered the best price and turn around.[/QUOTE]

James ... Jager SA on here,

also

Neil mckillop of mckillop engineering. Dasherman on here.

i have great trust in both and both have and are doing things for me, my stuff will not go anywhere else.

bob.

My mate James is a good guy, so is Neil, I am putting my money were my mouth is James is doing me a 280AI.

ATB

Tahr

callum ferguson of precision rifle services in scotland imho is the best rifle builder in the uk. he's probably also the most expensive but i do believe that he's worth it. experience beyond belief, and a depth of knowledge that i very much doubt anyone else can look at. you'll have to wait for a bit, but if it's a once in a lifetime rifle you want, why settle for anything else? callum's built several rifles for me, all have performed beyond expectations, and my expectations are very high.

all depends on what you want and what you want to spend. some smiths about charge £1000 for a rebarrel using a border archer barrel ! now im not saying the border archers don't shoot. but for a £1000 to rebarrel something i would want a cut rifled Krieger or some other top brand

but thats just me. i would ring about and see who quotes you best prices and waiting times. i know a couple of lads who have been waiting over a year now for there builds. which is stupid for a rebarrel

james has just done my 30-06 semi custom for me , its just waiting to go to proof and i was very very happy with the cost too !

one invoice that was a pleasure to pay :D

all depends on what you want and what you want to spend. some smiths about charge £1000 for a rebarrel using a border archer barrel ! now im not saying the border archers don't shoot. but for a £1000 to rebarrel something i would want a cut rifled Krieger or some other top brand

but thats just me. i would ring about and see who quotes you best prices and waiting times. i know a couple of lads who have been waiting over a year now for there builds. which is stupid for a rebarrel

Blimey, I better re think my pricing. ;)

Back