Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: magazine for a BSA .22 rim fire

magazine for a BSA .22 rim fire

Hi,

I have a friend that wants a magazine for a BSA .22 rim fire rifle. The original was a 5 cartridge magazine. I have asked him for a model number of the rifle & he does not know but reckons BSA did not make a lot of variants. The rifle shoots fine but is old. If anyone has one for sale or ideas of who to ask please let me know & I will pass on the details.

Thanks

hi feller have you a picture of one as i may have one knocking around my old git box!! is the mag release on the mag like a spur !!

My first 22 was a BSA Sportsman Five, I guess that could be the model. That was back in the mid fifties.

mine was the bsa tube fed 13 shot with a PH scope and mod C1932 think it was call huntsman ?

Thanks guys, Just spoke to him. Still none the wiser on the model but have asked him for a photo and he will check out if the release is on the magazine or gun.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    My first 22 was a BSA Sportsman Five, I guess that could be the model. That was back in the mid fifties.
    Correct !
    My first rifle in 1951 was a BSA Sportsman 15 and had a 15 shot tubular magazine. [ Nine pounds and ten shillings.]
    The Sportsman 5 with detachable clip magazine was eight pounds and fifteen shillings.

HWH.

I always thought you Northern boys had more cash than us poor Westcountry lads. I just couldn't find the extra fifteen bob for the 15 shot model!

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    hi feller have you a picture of one as i may have one knocking around my old git box!! is the mag release on the mag like a spur !!

Hi Paul o, hopefully you will be able to see attached picture and yes it looks like it has the release on the mag. Apparently this one has something wrong with the spring so the cartridge jams as you try to load. It has been stripped down by others who have been unable to repair it. I am trying to get it off him and see if I can do any better, but I said I would ask on here 1st.

Thanks

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	35609

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    I always thought you Northern boys had more cash than us poor Westcountry lads. I just couldn't find the extra fifteen bob for the 15 shot model!
    It soon paid for itself as I was getting three bob a brace for large head-shot rabbits !

HWH.

as per pm feller i do have one left some where but for the life i can't remember just had a look in the loft old parts box ? not there lol so i shall have a good look sunday mty

Quote Originally Posted by charlieboy-shooter View Post
    Hi Paul o, hopefully you will be able to see attached picture and yes it looks like it has the release on the mag. Apparently this one has something wrong with the spring so the cartridge jams as you try to load. It has been stripped down by others who have been unable to repair it. I am trying to get it off him and see if I can do any better, but I said I would ask on here 1st.

Thanks

Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	35609