Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anglia sporting anybody had any experience of them?

Anglia sporting anybody had any experience of them?

Looking to book some shooting through Anglia Sporting but thought it was worth checking out other folks experiences before committing!

Cheers
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Not stalked with them but the blurb on stalking sounds fair.

Well, not sure if it was technically Anglia Sporting at fault or the estate we were on, but, I have to say that I wasn't terribly impressed.
    Supposedly sold as being for 8 guns, but they decided to double this number nearly and split us over two ponds. This was ok, apart from having to sit around for half an hour/45 mins waiting while the first team of guns were taken out to their pond and set up and then for us to be taken to where we were to be shooting, all of which meant we were just about in position for about 4:15 as opposed to the 2pm start time as advertised.
    The ducks were thin on the ground, ok, not a lot you can do about the amount of water around on the fields etc, but it was sold as being 25 bird bag, we had 9, and at best saw 20 in total, but only 7 were picked, despite the guns marking their birds. The picking up effort lacked any organisation, and I don't like the idea of shooting things and then not being able to find them, it didn't feel right.
    Some guns didn't fire a shot, so I guess they would share my view that it was an expensive way to while away an afternoon, I was fortunate and did, and managed 3 of the 9, however, slightly surprised that at no point was anyone offered a brace to take home. (not that there would have been enough for us all anyway, but hey, even the offer of a brace of pheasants from the shoot would have gone down better.
    Ho hum, you live and learn. Shan't be doing that again.
    Last edited by deerstalker.308; 15-01-2014 at 15:09.

try mark at stalking englandf now he can do and produce the bizzo
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Have got some shooting lined up but not booked yet, but know of several who have they have all been impressed so they say, however anything can go wrong on the day, it's shooting!

One of the other guns had been on the same shoot earlier in the week on pheasants and wasn't impressed when after 4 drives, supposedly of 6, with the bag not reached, the keeper ended the day early......like I say, I suspect the estate rather than Anglia sporting were the issue, but they are the agent, so by association, it reflects badly.
    just my experience which I thought I would share.

Shooting and Stalking (when sold to guests) are part of the hospitality industry yet it never ceases to amaze me how some suppliers don't understand this. We all know you can't guarantee the results when dealing with truly wild creatures but things like timings, number of guns and availability of pickers up are totally controlable.

One of the things that I have always noticed about very good keepers is their ability to gently manipulate the drives in order to get the bag very close to the agreed number even when faced with so many variables.

Totally agree Glyn, I would not have minded at all if a shot hadn't been fired but everything was proper and well organised, like you say, there's not a lot you can do about wild animals not behaving, but it felt wrong, especially poor picking up, and poor hospitality in the form of a brace, needless to say, the keeper didn't get a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Totally agree Glyn, I would not have minded at all if a shot hadn't been fired but everything was proper and well organised, like you say, there's not a lot you can do about wild animals not behaving, but it felt wrong, especially poor picking up, and poor hospitality in the form of a brace, needless to say, the keeper didn't get a tip.
    How mean can you get

I could have used the don't eat yellow snow line........