Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Vehicles

Rogue Vehicles

Over the years I have owned many vehicles. One that comes to mind was a Ford Cortina MK1. Had it two weeks and a neighbour ran into it. What followed was a catalogue of minor bumps and scrapes either my fault or another drivers. Eventually it was written off after being ploughed into by a truck whilst parked. Since then although I have been involved in a few rare minor bumps no single vehicle has ever been so accident prone until my present Hilux. Yet again this motor seems destined with a want to self destruct. Is this possible, a motor with suicidal tendancies. Anybody with similar rogue motors?

You didn't buy it from the estate of a suicide bomber? Very popular amongst those sort of people.

David.

More like a suicide owner/driver !
    Try leaving at home on its own and see how many incidents occur.
    Make sure it is locked up in the garage with the keys in your pocket.

I had a Cortina estate for years which could easily carry 3 Reds.
    With the seats forward I often kipped in it in my sleeping bag at the forest to be ready at first light for the Roe.
    It was also an excellent motor in which to perform the rutting rites of Homo Sapiens.

Oh for a return to those happy days !

HWH.

I had a Bedford van , a CA , it was used at weekends for amorous adventures of the female kind and took my bikes to race days and of of course to work and back .It got a anew dent ,scrape or bump on a weekly basis , sometimes my fault but mostly not .I passed my test in it , when the examiner told me to do an emergency stop I did -- he didn't - the seat came off ! I thought that would be a fail but no - I passed . A girlfriend wanted to learn so in we got , this was a column chang 3-speed box , first she engaged reverse instead of 1st , , bump into a concrete lamp post back doors badly dented .When we finally got going 1st ,2nd ,3rd , she tried for 4th at 3o mph -- there wasn't one and she got reverse --- the gearbox dismantled itself ! That was the final blow and it went to the great van paradise in the sky (the local scrappy ) and I became the proud owner of my first transit .
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler – 1933

How long will it be before you realise you need another Defender??

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Over the years I have owned many vehicles. One that comes to mind was a Ford Cortina MK1. Had it two weeks and a neighbour ran into it. What followed was a catalogue of minor bumps and scrapes either my fault or another drivers. Eventually it was written off after being ploughed into by a truck whilst parked. Since then although I have been involved in a few rare minor bumps no single vehicle has ever been so accident prone until my present Hilux. Yet again this motor seems destined with a want to self destruct. Is this possible, a motor with suicidal tendancies. Anybody with similar rogue motors?
    Maybe you should stop looking over fences and hedges and look at the road ,Alex it is always driver error not vehicle, unlike a rifle it isn't point and squeeze .

What's the most recent incident you have had with your hilux come on tell and give us all a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by barrym3 View Post
    What's the most recent incident you have had with your hilux come on tell and give us all a laugh
    Reversed itself into a ditch that any Defender would have walked out off. Guy I was with was rolling about laughing and taking pictures, had to get a Defender to pull it out. Should have listened to you Red Dot. Seriously I must have owned at least 20 motors and only two have been accident prone.

Didn't no what I was lamping one minute it was a field next it was the stars lol mind you the upside down camera must be a help to avoid doing it again

Aye laddie... "ye dinny gang to the hill wi' yer slippers on".