Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smelly Trophy!

Smelly Trophy!

I've had a superb red skull prepped by someone and whilst it looks great it still whiffs. Question is can I reboil it now that it's been bleached to get the last soft bits of tissue off - I'm not sure if it will crumble. Or would some maggots sort it all out for me?

You have had it boiled and bleached and it still has tissue on it?

Sound like a half a job, if it still has tissue on and smells... would suggest it is redone

It was a friend who did it for a bit of beer money so I'm not going to get all funny with him... Can I reboil or will that damage the skull.

Thanks

How much is left on it?

They all pong a bit until they dry out completely...

Nothing externally too visible but the dog was having a good chew on something hanging out of the brain cavity! I'll leave it for a while to let it dry out more.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biffa View Post
    Nothing externally too visible but the dog was having a good chew on something hanging out of the brain cavity! I'll leave it for a while to let it dry out more.Thanks
    try put it on a heater, it will really smell until all the tissue has dried, so don't do it in the living room!! But its the easiest way to speed up the drying process i find.

Possibly due to him not clearing out the brain cavity properly.
    Try sniffing at the hole and if that is the source of the pong pour bleach and boiling water in there and use a bottle-brush to agitate it.
    It will clear after a little work.

HWH.

AS all above have a good root around for leftovers and wash n' pick it out, mind your dog if you bleach it feller !!

Just re boil it you wont do any harm to it !
    But this time clean it out properly you may then need to re bleach the skull, lesson learned if you want a job doing right do it yourself !