Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one ....

Am i the only one ....

that`s not looking forward to Christmas?
    I`m not the complete `Bah Humbug` but I just cannot see any point to this `Jamboree`
    What are your thoughts on this festive season?
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Agreed. It's become too much, and spread over too long a period. All mention of the 'C' word should be banned until a week before IMO. How can it be special if it's rammed in our faces for 1/6th of the year, every year?

We have just put up my small Fibre optic tree and some lights in the window. The cards are hung on the door and there are a few more decorations to go up. lack of room what with all the equipment here means that the larger real tree will not be in this year again.

Last year due to no one feeling up to it Christmas was a non affair. This year we will have one. 2009. 2010 and 2011 were bad enough with dad in hospital over the Christmas period.

We don't do the present thing much.

Its over rated for sure but I do like the xmas break,having time off work

2nd of Jan is the day I celebrate, another one over with.
    I hate what christmas does to people, what it does to shopping and everyday life, total waste of time money and effort.
    At least there is no need to look to see what is on tele, yup, the same as last year and the year before........

Neil.

PS: I must be alone though, because the the forum will die for a few days as well

No you aint the only one. I hate it. I have enough to do just with normal day to day stuff so dont need any extra.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Boom Boom
    You`ll get `kin `Boom Boom` one day!!
    I thought Christmas was 12 days and not a 6 month affair. Now i thought being a Swarovski you would have seen this a lot clearer?
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

You cant be far away being in somerset, years ago where I live was somerset, then avon now b.a.n.e.s boom boom

Christmas morning we visit the grandkids and cringe at what their parents have spent on them. Then it`s home and prepare the roast which is the 3 bird jobbie from Llidls then sit down to eat a roast which you could do any other weekend.
    All this time i`m wishing i could chuck the dogs in the car and disappear until it`s all over!!
    Though these are my personal thoughts please spare a thought for our Armed Forces that will not be home for Christmas.