Thread: Reloading... how?

Reloading... how?

Hello all,

I have just got a variation for 45-70, .308, and .223.

Previously I've just had a .243 with 100gr. PRVI which works a treat. However, with these new calibres, particularity the 45-70, I'd like to reload. I know absolutely nothing about it, and as such wondered if there was a kit, with everything I can possibly need, including any and all tools, and all the cartridge components?

Also, is there anywhere in the South West, or to mail order, cheap surplus ammo in 308 and 223?

Cheers!

look at the top of the ammunition page for the how to by csl, spud on here is great to deal with and has as much gear as you need, get some good reloading books to understand the process and it will keep you right, 45-70 might open up a new world to you as you probably won't just stick to reloading but casting your own ,good luck wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Two books that I can recommend. ABCs of reloading by Bill Chevalier. Modern Reloading by Richard Lee.

my website is http://www.1967spud.com

my home number is 01263 732740

the help line opens at 6-30 am and closes at 10 pm 7 days a week 365
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by hutt View Post
    Hello all,

I have just got a variation for 45-70, .308, and .223.

Previously I've just had a .243 with 100gr. PRVI which works a treat. However, with these new calibres, particularity the 45-70, I'd like to reload. I know absolutely nothing about it, and as such wondered if there was a kit, with everything I can possibly need, including any and all tools, and all the cartridge components?

Also, is there anywhere in the South West, or to mail order, cheap surplus ammo in 308 and 223?

Cheers!
    South west. Big area. Where abouts in the 'south west' are you ?

And ues, you'll soon be casting big boolits for the 45/70(the only 'government' that's trustworthy)
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    South west. Big area. Where abouts in the 'south west' are you ?
    One of his earlier posts says he's in Bristol.

Hutt, it would be worth you asking to spend some time with someone on here that reloads. I'm up in Gloucester and would be more than happy to show you what I do and what kit I use. Everyone does things slightly differently, but you'd get an idea about what kit you want and how much you need to spend.

Thank you so much for all your kindly advice. I'd love to take you up on seeing how it is done if I may?

Cheers!

Just wanted to thank you to mr buttie, had a wonderful afternoon and learnt lots!