Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSPB / EU at it again

RSPB / EU at it again

Couple forced off farm so it can be flooded for breeding birds, under EU rules.

A couple have been forced off the land they have farmed for 30 years and planned to pass on to their sons so it can be flooded for breeding birds under EU laws.

Former Army officer Kenneth Hicks said he and his wife Deidre have been told they must leave the 60-acre estate by Eurocrats who put the “rights of birds above humans”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-EU-rules.html

These people are not tenants. They own the land fair and square.

"Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

So ridiculous, can't quite believe that it's possible for this to happen.

I've tried to read this but the Telegraph website has crashed my browser four times, so I've given up now. But that said, assuming this derives in part from the Wild Bird Directive, all EU directives are implemented by member states through their own legislation. No-one turns up from Brussels to evict anyone in the UK, France or Slovakia. That said, everywhere in Europe pretty much, governments and bureaucrats use "EU law" as a handy scapegoat. "Sorry old boy, can't help it, EU laws you see..."

Check out how much the rspb want the Scottish government to spend on bird projects...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-25354126

Corncrakes aren't endangered, there are plenty in Europe in general but the rspb want them in the Western Isles.
    They are obsessed with corncrakes as well as raptors.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

This is Eco-Nazism. Hitler would have been proud of this. What is this country and society coming to when people can be forced out of their own homes by high-handed bureaucrats and Eco militants?
    "Jenkins! Chap over there with the wings - five rounds, rapid"

Think if I was in that position I'd leave the land so contaminated and f@@ked up that it would be years before anything could live on it. Sooner this country wakes up and kicks the EU into touch the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Sooner this country wakes up and kicks the EU into touch the better.
    As far as I know, migratory birds like wildfowl don't respect borders. They'll often breed in Sweden, Finland or Latvia, then migrate to France, Spain or the UK. Given that situation, protection or legislation purely at a local level is insufficient. No point on looking after your lovely snipe bog in Ireland if someone drains the breeding grounds in the Baltic. So from that perspective, it makes total sense to have pan-European legislation. Which doesn't of course mean that it's OK for people to be evicted from their homes by the RSPB hiding behind the Brussels Bogeyman. However you can probably see my point.

It was an SSP when they bought the property, and they sold 420 acres off to the rspb years ago when asked to do so.
    So not that much of a shock to find they were going to be asked for the rest of it,(and asked is all it was according to the rspb)
    and I note no mentions has been made of the fair price paid for it this time round.

Neil.

Neil. [/QUOTE]

and I note no mentions has been made of the fair price paid for it this time round.

What, precisely removes the injustice of forced eviction from your property if the "price is right"?

I think you know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

If it was your farm how would you feel?
    Last edited by charadam; 14-12-2013 at 00:30.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    Neil.

What, precisely removes the injustice of forced eviction from your property if the "price is right"?

I think you know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

If it was your farm how would you feel?[/QUOTE]

The headline claims forced, but in the text it states no legal action was taken.
    So same deal as the first parcel of land they sold.

If it was really a forced compulsory purchase, with the ensuing legal action then I agree it is wrong
    but that is not what the article describes.

Neil.