Thread: Mick Hucknall

I would guess that certain aspects of the operation feature in many dreams of some of us on here

Sporting rights in Ireland! That's going to go back to before the Plantation. They'll probably have to resurrect Cromwell to get an answer and only the lawyers will profit!

I have known for some time that the Simply Red guys had bought the fishing rights to a big stretch of the Finn in Donegal. I read last year that they also believe they own sporting rights over a big piece of ground up there, I remember thinking "this is going to be fun"...

Rural Ireland is a funny place, incomers would do well to tread lightly, particularly in border counties.

As BC stated a lot of the ownership issues in the north in particular go back to the 17th century.

a friend of mine is stalker and guide on the ground ,the guys are meant to be mad into there fishing and shooting.

the ground is well managed and not raped like so much of ireland.

An old mate of mine worked for their record company said they were decent lads big petrolheads also, noticed many times before that anyone into shooting does have an afinity to anything mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by irishgun
    a friend of mine is stalker and guide on the ground ,the guys are meant to be mad into there fishing and shooting.

the ground is well managed and not raped like so much of ireland.
    Irishgun, I am sure that is a fair point.

A pal of mine has fished on their stretch of the Finn, he said Hucknall's mate was a good guy and a fantastic fisherman.

I was in a syndicate for deer up in Donegal about ten years ago, it was a nightmare. Most of the ground was completely shot out during the week when we weren't about. Had to knock it on the head.

There are big chunks of county Antrim where the sporting rights are held by some of the old estates though the land has long been owned by local farmers. Causes a lot of grief.