Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Deer data DSC1 Training Aid DVD

Ultimate Deer data DSC1 Training Aid DVD

I'm just signing to do my DSC1 next year. I was thinking about getting a copy of the Ultimate Deer data DSC1 Training Aid DVD. But before I spend the 50 I wondered if anyone has used it and if they thought it was worthwhile?

Hi Rob, I done my DSC1 back in September. Going down the home study route & then 1 day in the classroom was a great option for me. Its very thorough though & if you are like me (a total novice), a lot of study time required

50 seems very cheap to me, mine was 175???

FL

As above worth every penny

Rob3104,

If you are relatively new to stalking your chances of passing are far much greater with the disc, go ahead and buy it mate you wont be sorry and you will enjoy learning.

Hi, I did my DSC1 in march.....I used the online tuition from dsctraining.org.....absolutely brilliant.....and better than a DVD.

175 seems extortionate for any DVD to me not that Ive viewed this DVD , be aware , the worst part is you cant sell it after youve viewed it afaik as its encrypted and can only be used on one specific PC , you may well learn from these much more realistically priced and re sell-able DVDs..

Amazon.co.uk: deer stalking dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Rob3104 View Post
    I'm just signing to do my DSC1 next year. I was thinking about getting a copy of the Ultimate Deer data DSC1 Training Aid DVD. But before I spend the 50 I wondered if anyone has used it and if they thought it was worthwhile?
    I spent 1 hour a day for a month when I was on the rig answering the questions on the DVD.I passed no bother ,for me was worth the 50 quid

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    175 seems extortionate for any DVD to me not that Ive viewed this DVD , be aware , the worst part is you cant sell it after youve viewed it afaik as its encrypted and can only be used on one specific PC , you may well learn from these much more realistically priced and re sell-able DVDs..

Amazon.co.uk: deer stalking dvd
    The 175 is not just for the DVD - it also covers the five assessments for DSC1 and the DMQ fee: The British Deer Society - Deer stalking certificate Level 1 (DSC L1)

The DVD on its own is 49, see: Ultimate Deer Data DSC1 Training Aid

The link you provided is for DVD's of other people's stalking outings. Enjoyable, no doubt, but not really going to help you pass your DSC1!

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 15-12-2013 at 22:35.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!