introduction from colchester, essex

markkeridge

Hi. I have just joined the stalking directory. I use a .243 and a .308 for my stalking, I enjoy training springers and cockers and apart from stalking i enjoy fox shooting and wildfowling mainly.

Hiya from Ipswich I've got a couple of cockers v nice welcome to you and welcome to SD bazil

Nice to see someone else from the oldest market town.
Where do you do your wildfowling?
ATB John

Hi mark, im recently new here too. Like Bazil & yourself I have cockers aswell.
Have you ever thought of or trained one to track deer?
Perhaps Bazil has? be interesting to know.
Hope you enjoy the site as much as I have.

JWB

Hi JBW72 I do use both of my cockers on deer me and Twojays67 were out yesterday I rolled a roe the dogs saw it drop so not much of a trail as such but it's all good practice bazil

Hello Bazil, my two youngest cockers haven't done a full season beating yet but when they have & im happy with them I like the idea of getting one of them trained up to track.
Dose it effect them in anyway to do with working close & flushing if they suddenly pick up deer scent while beating?
JWB

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 5
i belong to kent wildfowlers and a local club so i have plenty to choose from. went out sunday morning for a couple of hours and got a canada goose. hope to go tomorow morning

i have both springers and cockers. i train them for shooting/trials but havent yet done one for deer but im very tempted. Im not sure if i would try a cocker or a springer though.

Back