Thread: Ultimate Deer Data / DSC1

Ultimate Deer Data / DSC1

I'm hoping to do my DSC1 next year and am wanting to start learning early. I realise that the Ultimate Deer Data / DSC1 training aid is available in DVD form, but am told this is not compatible with Mac ( Apple ) computers which is what I have. Is there a book with the same data in?

Cheers Branch

Where are you in Cumbria? I might be able to help you. Pm me if you prefer.

Thanks for the reply. Sent you Pm.

Cheers Branch

Go to dsctraining.org.......it's online...far better than a DVD.

Thanks for the reply Blue I will look into using that site. I would also like a good book to read when away from the computer, I don't like being in front of them for too long and I have no internet access at work but could read on my breaks.

Cheers Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Branch View Post
    Thanks for the reply Blue I will look into using that site. I would also like a good book to read when away from the computer, I don't like being in front of them for too long and I have no internet access at work but could read on my breaks.

Cheers Branch.
    Branch,

The first thing you have to decide is which organisation you are going to register with to do your DSC 1 with. You should then use "their" manual. It will help when it comes to exam time. Variations in the use of language......
    All suppliers manuals are not identical. All suppliers exam questions are not identical.
    The subject matter is, however, the same. DMQ are the overseer not the registered body nor supplier.

Most suppliers will include a manual and their exam questioning is based upon their manual.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Branch,

The first thing you have to decide is which organisation you are going to register with to do your DSC 1 with. You should then use "their" manual. It will help when it comes to exam time. Variations in the use of language......
    All suppliers manuals are not identical. All suppliers exam questions are not identical.
    The subject matter is, however, the same. DMQ are the overseer not the registered body nor supplier.

Most suppliers will include a manual and their exam questioning is based upon their manual.

Stan
    The manuals are different, however the standards are set by DMQ, as are the question banks and papers. There should not be differences between assessment centres question papers.

Peter
    Dr Peter Marshall
    BASC Sporting Services

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterm View Post
    The manuals are different, however the standards are set by DMQ, as are the question banks and papers. There should not be differences between assessment centres question papers.

Peter
    Further, the three different banks of questions (written, safety and meat hygiene) are available for download here: DMQ Setting the standard for wild deer management

Given that DMQ sets and maintains the standards for both DSC1 and DSC2, and - in their own words - "assures, through external verification, the consistency and validity of assessment and internal verification processes" then there should be no differences in the questions.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!