Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsigned FAC certificates , Police Scotland

Unsigned FAC certificates , Police Scotland

Just a heads up,email below is doing the rounds within clubs in Scotland.

​Quote :

Could I ask that you consider notifying ALL of your club members by use of your group e-mail lists to check that their FAC is signed.

It has been brought to my attention that Police Scotlandís attitude when a FAC is received by them for whatever reason (renewal/variation/inspection) that

`a charge report for revocation on any certificate that arrives unsigned` will be completed.

The shooter who will most likely get caught out will be one who seldom changes firearms and assumes that after a variation has been added that they have received back their old, already signed, FAC so they won`t check it when it falls through the letter box, but there are probably others who just forgot.

Not being signed could have serious repercussions for every RFD whose signature is on the inside should Police Scotland go down that line of inspection next !!!
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

It's not uncommon for the reverse to happen down this neck of the woods.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

To be honest I don't want people with guns if they can't read the top instruction on the certificate. I really don't.

This all seems more than reasonable.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Trouble is.... you sign it to agree to it's terms and conditions.

If it comes back with a mistake or a condition you don't agree with, what do you do?

Sign it anyway? or send it back unsigned and commit an offence?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

You sign it, then return it straight off with your request to alter it, as I said earlier, they can come back with a big empty space where the Chief officer's monicker should be.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

It is very simple really.
    Condition 1 states. 'The holder must,on receipt of the certificate, sign it in ink with his usual signature'.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    I am with apache on this. If the above statement is too much to comprehend then they are best kept away from a Firearm.

Yorkie.

They are looking for any reason now to revoke a FAC or SGC.
    Its part of the terms & conditions that you MUST sign it upon receipt of such a document.. Anybody who doesn't.... their choice...

I was told by a gunsmith that it's not uncommon to find them unsigned and they personally always check and put the errant fac holder right. All part of the service guv sort of thing.
    I think the scenario is that the recipient of the fac is so pleased to get it in the post that he forgets.

Thanks to all the perfect people for pointing out the error of everyone else's ways. Where would we be without them, the little darlings. .

This has previously been treated as a misdemeanor. It looks to me that they are clamping down with one aim in mind...to cut down on fac holders.
    Time to be squeeky clean.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    You sign it, then return it straight off with your request to alter it, as I said earlier, they can come back with a big empty space where the Chief officer's monicker should be.
    + 1

I hope the perfect people would also attach a letter admonishing the Chief Constable.

Really!...If they can't fulfill their duties properly they shouldn't be let near a Chief Constables desk.

Last edited by private fraser; 14-12-2013 at 17:43.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"