Thread: Help required for history of Royal Stags head mounted 'Inchbae 1925'

Help required for history of Royal Stags head mounted 'Inchbae 1925'

We have just purchased a fabulous mounted Royal (12 points) stags head 'Inchbae 1925'. I am very interested in trying to track down some of his history - who shot him, where he has been before we purchased him.....anything! He is in great condition and must have a few tales to tell. Please help anyone??

Welcome to the site, I'm pretty sure you will get some feedback on your Stag, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by debora View Post
    We have just purchased a fabulous mounted Royal (12 points) stags head 'Inchbae 1925'. I am very interested in trying to track down some of his history - who shot him, where he has been before we purchased him.....anything! He is in great condition and must have a few tales to tell. Please help anyone??
    Do you have any photos?
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

of her or the stag, basil you are a naughty boy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    of her or the stag, basil you are a naughty boy
    Have to be careful what we wish for on here Wayne, we have Amanda but i don't think you`ll be wanting any photos.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Could that be the Inchbae estate just West of Garve on the Inverness to Ullapool road?

Just googled "Inchbae stag 1925"....is this the chap?

....and this may help:

http://view.officeapps.live.com/op/v...ES%2520ALL.doc

Inchbae gets a mention!

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

That attachment makes interesting reading

Thank you very detailed and interesting - still not much wiser about our 'chap' though......

Hi I have only registered on this site because on doing an internet search regarding Inchbae I came across this thread and my husband knows about this stags head. It hung in Inchbae Lodge in the games room, which was later turned into a flat, until you purchased it. It was shot apparently at Strathrannoch which at the time belonged to Inchbae Estate, as was. When the estate was dissolved Strathrannoch was leased to Strathvaich Estate which bordered onto Inchbae Estate. Nothing now remains of Inchbae Estate and the shooting lodge was turned into a guest house, which we are looking into trying to reopen as a guest house