Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: selling heads

selling heads

Hello

i'm looking to sell some heads that i acquired when i bought all my reloading kit off a friend
    but with most RFD's now putting heads on ticket how do we sell them on here without falling short of the law? ask for a photocopy of firearms certificate, meet in person?
    Regards Secret

its face to face onl;y or if you need to post them its rfd to rfd onlyvia an authorised courrier i.e. tnt
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    its face to face only or if you need to post them its rfd to rfd only via an authorized courier i.e. tnt
    brilliant, thanks for that!

if there match bullets ie a max they can be posted.

if they are target you ccan post what you like to whom you like
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Has the battle been lost? Am I considered a dinosaur for thinking the pointy bit on the end of a round is called a bullet and that the head usually has letters stamped on it.
    I know it probably doesn't matter much, but why call something by the wrong name. We don't, as yet, see shooters calling the primer the banger or the igniter or some other odd name so why now is a bullet often referred to as a head. I believe this is quite a new idea, maybe the last 5-10 years or so. Is it new shooters? I don't think is has come from the US.

Ho-Hum - just a sad old man wondering what's happening to this country. I guess we must just get used to seeing Head up there along with Selfie and Twerking in the new edition of the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Has the battle been lost? Am I considered a dinosaur for thinking the pointy bit on the end of a round is called a bullet and that the head usually has letters stamped on it.
    I know it probably doesn't matter much, but why call something by the wrong name. We don't, as yet, see shooters calling the primer the banger or the igniter or some other odd name so why now is a bullet often referred to as a head. I believe this is quite a new idea, maybe the last 5-10 years or so. Is it new shooters? I don't think is has come from the US.

Ho-Hum - just a sad old man wondering what's happening to this country. I guess we must just get used to seeing Head up there along with Selfie and Twerking in the new edition of the dictionary.
    I think the trade are as guilty as anyone else for using this incorrect nomenclature.

Ian.

+1 1066 New shooters who know no better.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Yup, +1

If terminology is not standardised confusion reigns.

It is the shops they are as bad, only last week I went into a North Wales shop and asked if they had any 338 bullets the Guy behind the counter said yes no problem at all, off he went and came back with a box of 338 Lapua 300grn, no I say bullets, 210 grain, the guy says we dont do that size for a Lapua magnum.

By this time I am quietly banging my head on the counter.

NO bullets to fit a 338-06 in 338 caliber.

The guy says we dont do bullets for that caliber.

AH change of tack
    Do you have any of the lead bits that go in the end of the case when reloading.

Its heads you want.

NO NO NO NO NO
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY