Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kennel & Run

Kennel & Run

Can any of you guys advise on where to buy a good quality kennel and run? Or would I just be better off building one myself. Any ideas appreciated.

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    Can any of you guys advise on where to buy a good quality kennel and run? Or would I just be better off building one myself. Any ideas appreciated.

ATB

Bryan

Dog Kennels | Bespoke Hand-Made Dog Kennels by Duchy Farm Kennels

Dog Kennel,Dog Kennels,Dog Kennels and Runs,

To build or to buy the difference in price equals itself out ,buying give you more or less a instand produce less a concrete base and drainage .

Time at home is at a premium for me Bryan with me working away, so I thought long and hard
    about building my own compared to a ready made.

In the end I went with a ready made.

After pricing up timber and materials plus my time, it ended up similar costs to be honest...and much less hassle!!

I did the drainage, soak pit and concrete plinth work one trip home, then next trip home the guys delivered and rattled up in 45mins.

I modified by lining the kennel with 22mm sterling board for insulation and to prevent the pup chewing the uprights and did the same half height in the run to stop any potential chewing.

This is a 14x4 run and houses 3 of my dogs during the day.

I'm well happy and at £715 I really can't complain

Got it here Chesterfield Dog Kennel 14ft(W) x 4ft(D) - Dog Kennels For Sale

After treating and modifying:

Always an option anyway mate, ps, PM if you want detailed pics to see the build quality etc.
    Last edited by rigboot; 15-12-2013 at 10:27. Reason: added PS

I made my own from timber and the galv panels you can buy, they look well and do the job but when I come the replace them or move house il be having some of these. Maintenance free and just jet wash them out if they get a bit grubby.
    Kennel Manufacturers, Boarding Kennel Manufacturer | Mitton Hall Kennel Systems

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Dog Kennels | Bespoke Hand-Made Dog Kennels by Duchy Farm Kennels

Dog Kennel,Dog Kennels,Dog Kennels and Runs,

To build or to buy the difference in price equals itself out ,buying give you more or less a instand produce less a concrete base and drainage .
    Had a nightmare with duchy utter crap rebuilt it myself using the frame ,poor service and poor communication for over a grand of crap timber beware !

Would highly recommend Mitton Hall kennels. No wood to rot or smell, easily power washed inside and out back to looking like new. Maybe a bit more expensive but will last forever.

Cheers lads, appreciate the feedback. Rigboot would be interested to hear more as pretty much the same here I'm away offshore half the year and my time is valuable at home, I have sent a P.M. your way.

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

If you're going to use the galv bar type than these are by far the cheapest I've found after endless searching.
    Iv'e got 10+2 gate pannels,and I dont think a fabricator could do beat that price and galv.

I got a mate to knock two of these very similar in marine ply with angled corners and I paint with boat gloss.

http://www.doghealth.co.uk/collectio...panels-8cm-gap

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post

ATB

Bryan
    http://www.timbergardenbuildings.com/index.html

This is a company in Banff close to home worth a phone call .

+1 for Chesterfield very good value for money I thought.