Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Lee Hand Primer

Alternative to Lee Hand Primer

The Lee Hand Primer. I have one and it works, but,is there a better design on the market?
    I keep breaking the corners of the plastic lid on mine - or am I just bleeding awkward?
    Any Thoughts
    Ed

Best by far is the RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool, not cheap but does virtually all calibres and doesn't need shell holders or adaptors etc.

UNIVERSAL HAND PRIMING TOOL

Comes with inserts and pins for both large and small primers, swapping sizes takes about 2 mins and the Lee Autoprime round primer trays also fit in it!.

Not cheap (unless you know someone in the US who can get one for you!) but certainly worth it. At a guess I've used mine to load around 6 to 8 thousand large and small primers over the the last 3 to 4 years.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

+1 for the RCBS
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Ed,

59.50 from this: http://www.guns.gb.com/contents/en-u...ing_tools.html

Borrow mine to try if you wish.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Ok, since you asked

Sinclair http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadin...prod37732.aspx
    or
    21st century http://www.21stcenturyshooting.com/Priming_Tool.php

Well, Christmas is just around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    63 Don't get the APS version, you need APS system primer strips which are pretty rare over here and also more expensive!.

I picked mine up in the US for about 30 when it was on offer, currently about 40 from Sinclairs etc.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

I have been using the RCBS Automatic priming tool for over 20 years now and have to say its one of the best bits of reloading kit i have used, so much so that a couple of my buddies now use them after seeing mine.

Cant remember how much it cost but not really bothered as it is worth every penny, todays cost would not deter me from buying another if anything happened to the current one

Ian.

Ed, apopogies for the misdirection in my first reply.

I meant the 63 version.

I wonder what Spud1967 would do it for.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".