Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency First Aid Certificate

Emergency First Aid Certificate

I have just found out from a friend of mine that from next year, the FC will require all syndicate stalkers on its land to hold an Emergency Fist Aid Certificate, I run a small training company and if enough members are interested, could organise the above courses at various locations around the UK. I can run them for definite in the midlands (Sheffield area) anytime through an associate of mine. I can find out pricing etc if enough people are interested. (Admin if this ends up being a goer I will set up trade membership)

Guys let me know what you think.

I would be interested if its the midlands, tried my local college! but they said they have no funding to run a course???

How many days training would this take?

Emergency First Aid at Work is a one day course. I've never heard of anyone failing. AFAIK since October there is no longer a requirement for the courses to be approved by HSE, which gives a bit more flexibility for providers.

Kerchiiing !

More cash register rattling

Have a look on St. John's Ambulance website. Regular courses throughout country- you can book online, costs approx 140.00 for the day.

Edit - sorry should clarify. It will work out (much) cheaper if you arrange a group booking with a provider. The St. John's route is just an easy 'buy it now' route to go down if it is just for you on your tod... plus an easy way to find one very locally.
    Last edited by otisthedog; 20-12-2013 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake Aboot View Post
    Kerchiiing !

More cash register rattling
    Have you ever done a first aid course?

regards

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Chanty Wrassler View Post
    Emergency First Aid at Work is a one day course. I've never heard of anyone failing. AFAIK since October there is no longer a requirement for the courses to be approved by HSE, which gives a bit more flexibility for providers.

Ah,thats what I was hoping you would say,already got it!!

I recently signed up to be a Community First Responder. I am waiting for my criminal records check to come back then I can go on my emergency life support training with the local ambulance service. Although I am not doing it for the reason of what might happen when I go out shooting. It does then give me access to lots of local courses run by paramedic training.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitter View Post
    Have you ever done a first aid course?

regards

Ian
    Yes quite a few actually, Why ?