Thread: New Member East Anglia

New Member East Anglia

Hello all

Just a short introduction, have been stalking 20 plus years off and on use a sako .270 plus doctor 8x56 a gift so difficult to fault.
    Have shot with the above rifle Fallow Red Muntjac Roe, Wild boar in Germany and Black Bear in Canada.

Also have a sako Quad .17 HMR very efficient rabbit gun
    Anshutz .22 semi auto the old rabbit gun

One very enthusastic son of 16 so he is in for FAC and I need to add a .243 with sound mod and scope to collection and ticket

Work two labs picking up and shoot most game and vermin, job to fit the day job in.

Any suggestions on .243 welcome or anyone looking to sell one

And a very belated welcome to you, looks like you almost slipped through the net! enjoy your .270!

welcome

enjoy the forum,

im also from the east living in Norfolk

Andy

Re: New Member East Anglia

Quote Originally Posted by dodge1942
    Hello all

Just a short introduction, have been stalking 20 plus years off and on use a sako .270 plus doctor 8x56 a gift so difficult to fault.
    Have shot with the above rifle Fallow Red Muntjac Roe, Wild boar in Germany and Black Bear in Canada.

Also have a sako Quad .17 HMR very efficient rabbit gun
    Anshutz .22 semi auto the old rabbit gun

One very enthusastic son of 16 so he is in for FAC and I need to add a .243 with sound mod and scope to collection and ticket

Work two labs picking up and shoot most game and vermin, job to fit the day job in.

Any suggestions on .243 welcome or anyone looking to sell one
    Hi Dodge,

looks like you have had a really interesting time in many countries during your 20 years.

With regard to .243 this comes down to personal choice, I use Manlicher pro Hunter with T8 sound moderator and Pecar scope, it suits me but, there will be others who prefer other makes so, it can be mine field, if possible try befor you buy. Regards Dave

Thanks for the welcomes

Cockersam I had been looking at the Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter rifle with the synthetic stock looks a good rifle so interesting that you get on well with it have just about made my mind up to go with it subject to getting the variation through.
    I was thinking of a wildcat silencer although there is some newer types about?