Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decent waterproof warm trousers??!?

Decent waterproof warm trousers??!?

Going scotland in feb so need a pair that are gunna keep me dry and warm

what do you recommend?

deerhunter
    seeland
    laksen

Arcteryx

Harkila

Harkila prohunter have served me well in some of the pretty ridiculous weather we get up here!
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

SD Regular
    Of the three you list, def not Deerhunter in my experience. A big plus one for pro hunters
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I got me a pair of Artkis. Very waterproof but not so quiet unfortunately and wear thermals underneath. I also have the deerhunter ones and went out with a fella recently and it was a foul day and we had to slide through some gaps with mud and they stayed dry. mostly, which surprised me i have to say. Damp knees i think. mind you i did wash and re proof them the week before.they are nice and quiet and I will go for them first when I go out

one possible idea would be to go to tk max and look at the snowboarders trousers. About 30 usually I think and see if they would be quiet enough. I have though of them before but have far to much stuff to be buying any more. So she says anyway.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

And if it is only those 3 your going for then Lakse, sealand, and deerhunter in that order. And you can always get some waterproofing stuff to be sure to be sure,.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by tomh111 View Post
    Going scotland in feb so need a pair that are gunna keep me dry and warm

what do you recommend?

deerhunter
    seeland
    laksen
    If you aren't worried about making a fashion statement, Army surplus goretex it the ticket. Put a pair on over your regular pants. Warmer than a dedicated pair (layering) and you can take them off and stick them in your pack if you want.

Only problem with the Army gortex is that it is a tad on the noisy side. I like it for wild fowling and its fine to sit in a high seat, but i think in might prove a bit much for woodland stalking.

I recently bought some stealth gear trousers and must say I'm very impressed with them. They are geared at photographers but make excellent stalking trousers. They'd be too warm for the summer I imagine but are very waterproof, reinforced bum & knees, padded knees, loads of pockets and removable gaiters. The sizing is a little conservative so if buying online, say if you were a 32 go for the 33-35 size.