Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal socks

Thermal socks

What are the best thermal socks out on the market??

If I get cold feet, I'm thru.... I've found what keeps me warmest is the army issue wool socks and the socks (wool) that my wife's grandma makes me every year for Christmas.... Always keep an extra pair to swap out when wet/damp. Always froze in the "thermal" labeled stuff.... Good luck.

I got mine from M&S. Cosy toes ever since!

I got a few pairs from the wool sock company at the Norfolk game fair, not pure wool but a high content. keep my little piggies warm & hard wearing unlike some of these so called thermal ones that tend to wear the heels out after a few times of wearing.

heat holders are really toasty, sick squid at screwfix at the mo

Woolpower - think they are Swedish, can be bought on FleaBay in various weights from 200gram to 800gram. Lighter weights are ideal for summer because they don't make your feet sweat like synthetic ones do. I started out with a pair of 200gram and a pair of 400 gram so had summer socks, winter socks and 'damned cold' socks (put 400gram ones on over the 200gram ones). Wore them in -9C in Norway sat up a seat waiting for Elg and feet were toasty warm!

They're not the cheapest but I've had my current pairs about 4 years now and they're still going strong despite being worn 2 or 3 times a week in the winter at least.

Sealskinz do a pair of green shooting socks (stockings) lined with merino wool...... they're pretty toastie and waterproof.

'bout 40

Fizz

Quote Originally Posted by Surgemaster34 View Post
    What are the best thermal socks out on the market??
    Merino wool socks 4 pair 8.00 from Costco brill keep your feet warm as toast
    DJC

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    If I get cold feet, I'm thru.... I've found what keeps me warmest is the army issue wool socks and the socks (wool) that my wife's grandma makes me every year for Christmas.... Always keep an extra pair to swap out when wet/damp. Always froze in the "thermal" labeled stuff.... Good luck.

You and I must be buying the same army surplus gear ... I agree, army
    surplus pure wool socks, absolutely fantastic, pound a pair.
    I just took delivery of another 10 pair a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    You and I must be buying the same army surplus gear ... I agree, army
    surplus pure wool socks, absolutely fantastic, pound a pair.
    I just took delivery of another 10 pair a few days ago.
    you couldn't pay me to put them on while in the Army (except for in the field)....... Looking back, I was an idiot and wasted a lot of money on white socks...... Been out 20 years and am on the last 2 pairs of the 12 I had when I got out..... Be ordering some shortly.....