Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid Stainless Steel Cutlery...

Solid Stainless Steel Cutlery...

I thought you might all like a look at these and I stuck them in this forum too as it seemed apt for them..?

I mentioned previously that my workshop is located in Portland Works here in Sheffield, well the old Works has a pretty cool claim to fame, 100 years ago when Harry Brearley discovered Stainless Steel it was to Portland that he took a billet to be made into cutlery, the first SS cutlery (in fact the first SS anything) ever made, you can read more about that on the Portland website in the History section if it is of any interest to you...

Anyway, to celebrate all that, this being the Centenary year of his discovery, I designed and am making a Limited Edition of Stainless Steel Centenary knives, here's how they look...

Designed and made from Sheffield made SS and as a 4" kitchen 'Paring' knife, my thinking that when Brearley made his discovery he put SS into all of our homes, in turn I wanted that knife to be something we all use...

I really, really liked how the Centenary knife came together and it inspired me to experiment with other types, so from there blossomed the SS steak knives, made in the same way and from the same solid section of the same steel...

Those housed in a purpose made leather 'roll', custom made for the job...

As yet plans for matching forks are in the very early stages so what I was looking for were stand alone cutlery products, the third and final thing that came to mind was a cheese knife, I am sure you get the picture by now...

That cheese knives represents the extent of my foray so far, if there are any updates I will let you know...

Cheers all, Stu

Exquisite for sure - wow!

Good to hear of Sheffield heritage still going - I used to work for Record Tools when they were based at Parkway works & Meadow St - long gone now though..
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

What's a chap to say? Very nice indeed.

Phowaarrrr il take them!

I hate cleve people like that who are just so clever they can make things like that.
    not jealous at all. Well done.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Those are fantastic, great work. How do I get my hands on a set?
    steve.

Very nice, wouldn't mind a set of these!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Hi Fellas, ever so sorry but the Steak Knives are not something I can fix you up with, there's a store in London who have exclusivity on that product, and the Cheese Knife, just now, the Centenary Knife however is something that I can offer but I am pretty sure not from this thread, just to keep things above board I'm away for a week as of tomorrow but when I get back I will stick one up in the classifieds, just in case there's any interest....

FYI the London store is The New Craftsman, the Cutlery is on there somewhere: http://www.thenewcraftsmen.com/

Nice
    http://thenewcraftsmen.myshopify.com/collections/cutlery/products/set-of-6-handmade-stainless-steel
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Mitchell View Post
    Hi Fellas, ever so sorry but the Steak Knives are not something I can fix you up with, there's a store in London who have exclusivity on that product, and the Cheese Knife, just now, the Centenary Knife however is something that I can offer but I am pretty sure not from this thread, just to keep things above board I'm away for a week as of tomorrow but when I get back I will stick one up in the classifieds, just in case there's any interest....

FYI the London store is The New Craftsman, the Cutlery is on there somewhere: http://www.thenewcraftsmen.com/
    Thanks for the link, not sure my wife appreciates craftsmanship the way I do though, will keep an eye out in the classifieds next week.