Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BASC insurance and selling venison

BASC insurance and selling venison

Dear all,

I have been in discussion with our insurers about this recently and we have what I think is a good solution. The BASC policy will apply for recreational stalking, even if you sell the bag, we will not set financial limit per se, but will set a limit in terms of the number of beasts shot per year. This limit will be 100.

Based on our research, very few members will ever shoot anywhere near that number in a year.

However, if any member thinks they may shoot over this limit, could they please get in touch with details, as I am about to launch a low cost 'top up' insurance product for those who may go over this limit but who are still shooting recreationally, I plan to have this 'top up' insurance available in the very early new year.

Best wishes

David

Sounds good, does that cover you third party liability on the actual venison itself?

When you say 'sell venison' do you mean in the skin to a AGHE, or processed into joints etc and sold to restaurants, pubs, farmers markets etc?
    What classifies someone as a recreational stalker?
    Cheers
    Richard

That sounds like a good idea David, can you let me know how much extra the topup will cost.
    thanks
    Paul
    full member of BASC.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Yes the cover extends to include product liability

Yes it does not matter who you sell it to in the skin or not

Recreational means you pay for the stalking or get it free for example you are not paid to control deer by way of business.

The cost of the top up, not 100% sure but will let you know ASAP

David

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
    That sounds like a good idea David, can you let me know how much extra the topup will cost.
    thanks
    Paul
    full member of BASC.
    Don't be overshooting that ground ya' bugger....

I'm still holding out for a place next year
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    Yes the cover extends to include product liability

Yes it does not matter who you sell it to in the skin or not

Recreational means you pay for the stalking or get it free for example you are not paid to control deer by way of business.

The cost of the top up, not 100% sure but will let you know ASAP

David

Sounds brilliant as I'm getting myself setup as a food business with a cutting room and already a BASC member, can't you make the set limit at 150 though!

Cant raise the limit, but we will have the top up policy very soon for those who are semi pro - full time you will need a commercial policy of course

Another excellent initiative that will help manny stalkers. Until I got pro insurance I purchased the additional cover for this from the BDS that covered my venison sales.

Hi David, sounds good news, will BASC automatically send this offer out as a flyer, is there any extra charges and how do you get it added to existing policies to show that its there or will BASC issue new policies documents to everyone? thanks Dean