Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on 270

Advice on 270

Hi hope some one give me some advice,I cannot make my mind up on restocking my 270 browning A bolt which has a wooden stock but think the wood is moving when wet or trading it in for a 6.5x55 or some other caliber with a some type of glass stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Hi hope some one give me some advice,I cannot make my mind up on restocking my 270 browning A bolt which has a wooden stock but think the wood is moving when wet or trading it in for a 6.5x55 or some other caliber with a some type of glass stock
    dont trade it in for a 6.5 you will regret it !

and i've shot the 6.5x55 alot

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    why don't you get the stock worked dried and then cerakoted, job done and saves a lot of dosh,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

You wont gain anything by changing to 6.5x55 other than its a wee bit softer recoiling. Beware of the cheap plastics stocks.

Thanks for the info guys, think I need to have a good look around for a good stock

Have a look at Boyds if you fancy a laminate stock. Put one my P.H. 270 last year and it has transformed it.
    TuskerAttachment 35828

Hi Tusker, where did you get the stock from and what was the damaged

Ron

I got a Bell & Carlson synthetic for my Tikka T3 also in .270, no problems with it, cost me around 245.

why do you think it is "moving"?

dry it and seal it properly and it shouldnt absorb anything significant unless you are wading with it

Hi if we have had bad weather and been out for a few days stalking no matter how many time s I dry the gun off the grouping is pants. Leave it to dry out and use the 300wm for a week then back out with the 270 and bingo cock on bull so I am thinking the wood is moving