Advice on 270

Ron

Hi hope some one give me some advice,I cannot make my mind up on restocking my 270 browning A bolt which has a wooden stock but think the wood is moving when wet or trading it in for a 6.5x55 or some other caliber with a some type of glass stock

Hi hope some one give me some advice,I cannot make my mind up on restocking my 270 browning A bolt which has a wooden stock but think the wood is moving when wet or trading it in for a 6.5x55 or some other caliber with a some type of glass stock

dont trade it in for a 6.5 you will regret it !

and i've shot the 6.5x55 alot :old:

why don't you get the stock worked dried and then cerakoted, job done and saves a lot of dosh,

bob.

You wont gain anything by changing to 6.5x55 other than its a wee bit softer recoiling. Beware of the cheap plastics stocks.

I got a Bell & Carlson synthetic for my Tikka T3 also in .270, no problems with it, cost me around £245.

why do you think it is "moving"?

dry it and seal it properly and it shouldnt absorb anything significant unless you are wading with it

Hi if we have had bad weather and been out for a few days stalking no matter how many time s I dry the gun off the grouping is pants. Leave it to dry out and use the 300wm for a week then back out with the 270 and bingo cock on bull so I am thinking the wood is moving

Hi Tusker, where did you get the stock from and what was the damaged

Ron
hi Ron, I got it from Boyds Gunstocks in America. Have a look at thier website lots to choose from. Cost was about £130 delivered and tax paid. It almost dropped straight in with only a little work. Before I got this stock "grouping" was about 4 inches now I have it down to about 1 and half inches.
Tusker.

+1 on boyds i have thumbhole fetherweight for my howa 223 everything was done on line later tax for post office and it shoots better than me now.

Back