Wanted: Deer stalking syndicate or land to rent within Hertfordshire ?

Evillemon

Well the search for new permission never ends... at the minute i have only one very small piece of land with a few muntjacs, its too small too shoot more than 2 - 3 a year.

I am always trying to find new lands / woods to shoot. If anyone happens to know of any farmers , land owers or stalking syndicates who are looking for a responsible shooter to help manage deer and / or other vermin and pest problems please let me know

Id be very grateful for any leads, as you all know its so hard to find land these days.

many thanks for reading

Tim

keep knocking them doors , unless you know the right people or have endless cash , its the only way

As you say, it is hard but at least you have a permission with deer
3 of us shoot as our own syndicate but have lost permissions (paid leases) this year and are down to barren woodland for practice with cf and rf to control vermin- and I have written/followed up a number of leads- so we are going down the route of purchasing paid stalking with Malc for 2014 and keeping fingers crossed we find something as time goes by.

I'm in the same position, I'm in herts to but can't find anywhere. If you find any syndicates or land to rent please let me know as I would be willing to chip in with you, I will let you know if I find any to.

Same here. Lost my ground in Berkshire a year ago now and still looking but its very hard. Paid stalking and invites this year unless the latest lead falls through and I can find the cash for the lease.

My ground still hangs in the balance... it's been on the market for nearly 2yrs now @ 1.25million, I'm hoping the owner will put in a good word and I can stay. I've already lost 200 acres of pigeon shooting to a syndicate, I wasn't that bothered at the time as I have other land locally for pigeons but I've seen deer on there since.

Sounds like a case for a Herts, Bucks and Berks DMG to me... :D

I am semi serious - I'm in a similar situation to others in this thread but was fortunate enough to secure a place in a syndicate earlier this year (albeit that it's financially ruinous!). It looks likely that the demand vs supply issue is only going to get worse in the future and one way of addressing that has to be for individuals to come together as a collective and share the efort and reward (comrade!).

Sounds like a case for a Herts, Bucks and Berks DMG to me... :D

I am semi serious - I'm in a similar situation to others in this thread but was fortunate enough to secure a place in a syndicate earlier this year (albeit that it's financially ruinous!). It looks likely that the demand vs supply issue is only going to get worse in the future and one way of addressing that has to be for individuals to come together as a collective and share the efort and reward (comrade!).

On a serious note I have for a time been thinking along a similar line. Its just a notion in my head but strikes me that amongst us on this forum we have a collective force to come together and help each other in a more coordinated way. A deer stalking / management scheme of our own like BASC run for members.

On a serious note I have for a time been thinking along a similar line. Its just a notion in my head but strikes me that amongst us on this forum we have a collective force to come together and help each other in a more coordinated way. A deer stalking / management scheme of our own like BASC run for members.

This is not the first time it has been suggested and Admin have looked into this on a number of occasions. However it is easier said than done, the major hurdle being finding a large enough area for there to be a good chance of everyone stalking successfully and also how to administer such a programme, without over stalking the ground, and also where the area is situated.

However there is nothing to stop members undertaking this themselves, and forming a group within their area to try and obtain a lease.

ATB

Sikamalc

LOL not sure I was thinking of anarchy so to speak and would not like to be ex communicated for anti establish mental ideals but do like to challenge the norm. Appreciate many pro stalkers would not like or support a scheme as it would eat away at some profit but then the target clients for this a probably not booking many paid days and if they would still do so.

Wow ..didnt expect to have any replies to this thread and here we are 11 posts later .well it seems there are a good few of us in close ish proximity. Perhaps a meet up in the new year is in order to talk about a potential syndicate or sinilar? Every syndicate has to come from somewhere so why not take a collective step in the right direction :)

Wow ..didnt expect to have any replies to this thread and here we are 11 posts later .well it seems there are a good few of us in close ish proximity. Perhaps a meet up in the new year is in order to talk about a potential syndicate or sinilar? Every syndicate has to come from somewhere so why not take a collective step in the right direction :)
I would be up for that just let me know when and where and i'll be there.

most land owners aint keen on loads of different people on there land (ie syndicate), funny bunch these farmers

keep trying thou lads

I too would be interested in a collective approach in the Herts/Bucks/Berks area. I have a small wood in Bucks where I am the sole shooter but there are very few deer, as the deer are being shot on neighbouring farmland and the numbers have dropped hugely since the summer without me shooting them. If a group is formed I'd love to be a member and help in the search for permission/lease etc for a group.

Back