Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots, suffolk trying on.

Boots, suffolk trying on.

Looking to get a decent pair of boots for stalking in the new year but would like to try them on for fit before I commit to buying a pair.
    Is there a shop in Suffolk or surrounding areas which is likely to have a good selection for me to try on? (Not wellies btw proper boots!)

Not sure how far you are from Norwich but there is a shop there called Becketts which stock Meindl, Lowa, Hanwag, Altberg etc. Its a proper shop with knowledgeable guys. Glyn.

Thanks glyn, not that close but sounds like it might be worth the drive!

The Country Store just s of Cambridge?
    Will you be following the modern trend of trying them in a shop and then buying over the internet?
    There used to be, almost certainly still is, a hiking and camping shop in Stowmarket; that couldn't be more Suffolk!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkathreebarrels View Post
    The Country Store just s of Cambridge?
    Will you be following the modern trend of trying them in a shop and then buying over the internet?
    There used to be, almost certainly still is, a hiking and camping shop in Stowmarket; that couldn't be more Suffolk!
    If I find a pair that fit I'll prob buy them then and there (unless they are way overpriced).
    stowmarkets not far at all, might have a look there to see what they stock.

I cant recomend highly enough Meindl boots, I got my first pair a month ago and they are fantastic and I also got fantastic service from the company: Cotswold Outdoors, I am not linked to them in anyway I am just a very happy customer of theres. They couldnt do enough for me with regards to fitting and trying on, I must of been there 2 hours. They will definatly see me as a returning customer and refreshingly the staff were switched on, experienced and knew what they were talking about ! Meindls definatley get the thumbs up from me ! ATBMatt

I got my Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX from Becketts in Norwich. They ordered some different sizes in especially for me to try!
    What size feet do you have? They are not cheap, but they are soooo good!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I got my Meindl Dovre Extreme GTX from Becketts in Norwich. They ordered some different sizes in especially for me to try!
    What size feet do you have? They are not cheap, but they are soooo good!
    MS
    I have 9.5 feet and usually need boots which are moderately wide at the front. How are the mde boots for general use? I need the boots I get to be useable for everything I do (which around here isn't that extreme tbh!).

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I have 9.5 feet and usually need boots which are moderately wide at the front. How are the mde boots for general use? I need the boots I get to be useable for everything I do (which around here isn't that extreme tbh!).
    I too have wide feet and they are the best fitting boots I've ever had. They appear warm in the winter and still wearable in warmer weather, although I do have other boots which I wear when it is really warm, as well as neoprene wellies when it is very cold and wet.
    If I could only have one pair of boots though, it would be the Meindl's.
    MS

9.5 wide foot here also, my feet are in foot heaven when in these mendls, the beauty of Cotswold outdoors also is that they are able to manipulate the leather to exactly how you like your boot and the claf leather upper is so soft and smoooth and comfy its untrue ! ATBMatt