Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 2 witnesses

Level 2 witnesses

Can all three stalks for the level 2 be done with the same witness? So far I am getting mixed answers and wad just looking for clarification.

Established Poster
    Deer Dog Available
    All three of my stalk's were done
    with the same accredited witness.
    atb,
    fbrad.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas1980 View Post
    Can all three stalks for the level 2 be done with the same witness? So far I am getting mixed answers and wad just looking for clarification.
    If the folk you are talking to aren't making sense, contact Mandy Short at DMQ with your query - http://www.dmq.org.uk/faq.htm

Regards

JCS

Yes you can do all 3 with the same person, and in some ways it is better if you do, as it should avoid duplication of questioning. I try not to ask the same question twice, although it is actually quite difficult to vary them too much for some of the PC's! I also have a quick glance at a portfolio which is partially completed if possible to avoid duplication.
    Good luck.
    MS

Absolutely OK.

Some argue that having separate AWs of the ICR's 'strengthens' the portfolio. To be honest I can understand where that idea arises, but what matters is the quality of the AW you do have - and tend to side with MS as he writes above.

If you ever get conflicting commentary then would always say ( as JCS notes ) give Mandy a call.

Aside from any quality issue, I always advise chatting with an AW before going out. If you really dont get on during a 5 minute telephone chat, then it doesn't bode well for spending a morning or day together!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Thanks for the clarification everyone. I have a witness in mind who i've met before and will crack on with it in the new year.

Cheers and have a good christmas.

I'm a witness and have done all 3 many times with no problems

Yes I am an AW and have done it several times.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Cheers Redstag and Stalkinginengland for your responses. Really looking forward to getting on with it.