rfd transfer

Too much.... £25-50 seems the going rate. You may manage cheaper if you can get a word of mouth RFd without a shop.

Had my last rifle shipped up including RFD costs for £15 by the dealer but it then cost me a further £25 at this end for the RFD to accept the parcel and sign my ticket :evil:

as others £20-25 ish both ends but try find a RFD who has a TNT or other deal going on , so the carriage can sometimes be cheaper to send

I get charged £25 to send and receive, and put it on cert,i think that's a very fair price.:thumb:

Last edited:
It's a very simple process, weatherby, my rfd charges £25 handling/admin fee and £15 shipping for a rifle & mod, the rfd at the other end will charge a handling fee too. Basically you take your rifle to the rfd, it gets transferred off your ticket to him, he ships it to the recipient rfd, to whom it is then transferred to. Ten whoever you have sold the rifle to has it transferred by the recipient rfd onto his/her FAC. It's actually much more painless than I've made it sound in my waffling above.

TNT charge £16ish to send a rifle. thats how much it costs the RFD then then they must put somthing on top for their time etc so £25 is fair enough.

At twenty five quid each end, plus perhaps a carrier's costs, it's worth thinking how far it's going and whether it's worth going for a spin in the motor at the weekend. At least then you know it isn't going to be rattling around in the back of a van and thrown about as the driver searches for other packages.

Back