Any wine buffs on here?

stratts

I'm trying to find a UK stockist or supplier of a german red wine type called Dornfelder but am having trouble. Tesco used to do a cracking red called Richard Dreys Dornfelder which was so drinkable but they no longer stock it.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Waitrose sell [h=2]Bolney Estate Dark Harvest[/h]

£9:00 a bottle and is from the Dornfelder Variety
or[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] [/FONT][h=1]Black Tower Dornfelder Pinot Noir from Amozon £36:06[/h][FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Try Lambrusco grown on the other side of the hill from your wines grape, on special at Tesco £1.25 a bottle.Wf1

If you are ever in Lincoln, there is a cracking wine shop on Steep Hill, Bailsgate called Steep Hill Wines. The guy is very helpful and knowledgeable, and if he doesn't stock it I am sure he will be able to get it. Could be worth looking it up and giving him a call.

If i want to treat myself i got o the local wine murchants who have been around along time and get a good red Melot or Rioja :D They never fail, a great bottle every time ! And they also stock my brandy of choice: Asbach.Supermarket wise wolfblass or hardys red label goes down nicely.ATBMatt

not much wrong with the buckie

Hmmm! Got to be honest... depends on what you are eating it with... doesn't it?

Compliments a greasy chipsteak supper or cold chips'n'curry-sauce.... maybe?

Not quite Montrachet though, is it?

A very versatile red that satisfies varied tastes! Round our way the local wine merchants :)shock:) can offer you "wan fae the fridge" or "wan aff the shelf". The first being most popular during the summer months and the latter when a more warming winter drink is the order of the day. The storage conditions prior to drinking seem not to alter the characteristics of the bottle when it is later scudded off the head of an erstwhile fellow drinker.

A very versatile red that satisfies varied tastes! Round our way the local wine merchants :)shock:) can offer you "wan fae the fridge" or "wan aff the shelf". The first being most popular during the summer months and the latter when a more warming winter drink is the order of the day. The storage conditions prior to drinking seem not to alter the characteristics of the bottle when it is later scudded off the head of an erstwhile fellow drinker.

A con-o'sewer and no mistake. Touche. :D

it also is nice with a kebab as for montrachet if you have a bottle going spare we could compare the two

ha, ha , brilliant:rofl:

Back