Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suffolk police

Suffolk police

Hi I just had to tell you all a couple of months ago I was granted a 30-06 on my ticket (great) I asked to have 100 rounds to able to buy but was granted only 60 and to hold in total 80! ( I do reload) so the other day went to buy a box of heads only to be told they come boxes of 100 and they wouldn't split a box so today I phoned my FEO he said I'd have too put my request in a letter and send my cerf in, but I was working a 1/2 mile away from police HQ so I piped in and a very nice hound lady called Kim talked to me asked what I wanted and after explaining what I wanted and she said did I have my FAC with me my answer was yes she said wait here within 15 mins she returned with a brand new FAC amended and signed by the chief inspector so I'd like to thank Suffolk constabulary very much what stars their are, it's true miracles do happen at Christmas bazil
    Last edited by bazil; 20-12-2013 at 20:57. Reason: Missed word

Always found them very good to deal with, and Norfolk too...seems now they have merged they have gone from strength to strength clearly, I'm surprised by your limits though, odd they went so low in the first place.......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Nice to hear Baz, should have told them it was cheaper to by them by the 1000, and as you home load you would never have that many "ready to go" anyway
    Not like my stock pile lol

Even for someone that shot factory ammo that would still be an unusually low allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by bazil View Post
    Hi I just had to tell you all a couple of months ago I was granted a 30-06 on my ticket (great) I asked to have 100 rounds to able to buy but was granted only 60 and to hold in total 80! ( I do reload) so the other day went to buy a box of heads only to be told they come boxes of 100 and they wouldn't split a box so today I phoned my FEO he said I'd have too put my request in a letter and send my cerf in, but I was working a 1/2 mile away from police HQ so I piped in and a very nice hound lady called Kim talked to me asked what I wanted and after explaining what I wanted and she said did I have my FAC with me my answer was yes she said wait here within 15 mins she returned with a brand new FAC amended and signed by the chief inspector so I'd like to thank Suffolk constabulary very much what stars their are, it's true miracles do happen at Christmas bazil
    What are you saying, that she was a bit of a dog? That she wanted to sniff your trousers and then chase you over hill and dale? I could go on even though your experience shows that she was in fact top dog!

Good that they sorted it out quickly for you, but for me it's another example of the system making work for itself. It was a daft allowance to give you in the first place.

I did type young not hound and did manage to buy some yesterday ( 100) but they were were selling them in 50s as well do you believe! Even better my wife payed for them good girl bazil

A bunch of flowers for her i reckon!

Suffolk Firearms Department worked well for me too, although funnily enough they tooreduced the amount of ammunition I was able to hold and purchase but my inspector said this was due to what they normally do. Still I'm allowed to purchase 100 and hold 120! Normally they let you have a little more freedom as a home loader!
    Last edited by charlieg43; 22-12-2013 at 16:53.
    Aim Small, Miss Small

I got a variation to get a 270 through Strathclyde and when I got it back I then decieded to home load , I only had purchase 60 on my ticket and as u have said heads come in boxes of 100, sent it back with a letter explaining why I needed more and it was back in 10 days amended . Told my mate in NI about it and he just laughed , they get to purchase 1000 and that's for every calibre, which does sound extreme.