Thread: Scale model of a rigby rifle

Scale model of a rigby rifle

Was having a sort out in the loft and discovered a purchase from about 15 years ago. I beleive it is modeled on a rigby rifle , the rifle has no serial no on it and i think it was the first one they were supposed to make a few for customers dont know if they ever did. The rifle measures 22" total lenght has a workink bolt.the trigger does not pull . Just wondered if anyone else has one or knows of someone who has or can shed any more light on its history. It must have taken some craftsman many hours of work to produce such a high quality gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1070524.jpg   P1070523.jpg   P1070525.jpg   P1070527.jpg  

SD Regular
    I think that you will find that it is a scale model of a South African Musgrave Model 90 (although don't know about the extra work on the fore-stock) from when Edgar Brothers (I think) were importing these into the UK.

If you search out on the internet Musgrave Model 90 you'll see some full size ones!

Some folk will now pay a lot of money for these!

Thanks for that enfieldspares looks very similar to the model 90 . I took it to my local gunsmith and he offered to buy it from me there and then but not knowing its value I declined his very good offer.was told to put it in a gun auction but the commission was too high. I will try to do a bit more digging . many thanks for your help/

You are quite correct enfield, Edgar Brothers were the importers for Musgrave.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

SD Regular
    I have seen ONE go on USA eBay for....US $ 750...but that may be a one off. Holt's at Wolferton are about the best value. Don't use an auction establishment at Newark. You'll wait two months to get paid!

I was offered 300 by the gunsmith Im glad I didn't take his offer thought about putting it on ebay but someone said they might pull it off as it was a replica . will look into holts after new year.

24 inches long and in 22lr it would be brilliant
    But even so a fantastic thing to display in the gun room

Neil.

SD Regular
    If it were me I ask that gunsmith if he'd go to 350 and if he doesn't be happy to take the 300 in cash.

Henry Krank used to sell a range of such models, I'm not sure if they still do. It might be worth looking to see if they still sell them so as to give you an indication of what this scale model may be worth.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.