Thread: Red Hind - almost a shot - December 2013

Red Hind - almost a shot - December 2013

Playing with the Canon Ixus 230 cameras we now carry, I captured this video at the start of December whilst out with a very long standing client - when you see his hat, you'll appreciate why we affectionately refer to him as 'Elmer'

He elected not to take the shot in the end - which is fine by me. All negative comments, complaints of unsafe backstop, could have taken 10 shots etc etc are most welcome - provided you were stood with us at the time. I have a list of those people... and its a short one!

Posted it up onto our new Youtube channel - apologies in advance - I'm a stalker not Ridley Scott or a computer geek. Will be working on improving composition, quality etc in the weeks ahead.

Enjoy!

Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Video really doesnt convey how cold it was there. Even with the world famous 'Power Band' my teeth were clacking ten to the dozen and the client weighs about as much s my left leg! Personally applaud him for making a good call - he'd be the last to deny he wasn't sorely tempted, but just did not feel he was 100% on top of the shot.

Though a nice warm carcase to gralloch wouldn't have gone amiss!
    Last edited by Moray Outfitting; 21-12-2013 at 12:33.
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Good call friend of mine did the Luke skywalker bit last week & put his hands in to defrost before proceeding with the gralloch, lol
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    good enough call i would say

Better to not take the shot rather than fluff it, she'll always be around for another day!

ATB Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

JF

Talking of which - had a S African client out last Monday. Wind was biting so we cut off the track you know well and down to the river. Took a bit of threading through trees etc - but guy was very experienced outdoorsman. Eventually led into the gully where you go the staggie - but we were along the bottom. 15 yards away on the clearing across the river from where we had been - three stags; an 8 pointer, an 11 and a 14. All feeding contentedly as the light faded. So close I didnt want to risk spooking them fiddling about with the camera. Client more than happy to give away last 15 minutes of light to just sit and watch them.

Then we slowly climbed out of the gully - virtually following the line we extracted your staggie along and left them undisturbed.

Paraphrasing a heavy 'Arfreeka' accent - gosh wasn't that great!

OK, I know where we're headed when I come back up, JF gully!!!!

ATB

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Its a 'gully'now - bet you 20p it feels like a 'canyon' with that big beastie decked out at the bottom!