Thread: Timney drop in trigger replacement

Timney drop in trigger replacement

Hi guys, would anyone have a Timney trigger replacement fo a Ruger 10/22 or advice on alternatives, cheers, Seasons greetings to you all.

Depends if after new or secondhand.

We've just had in several Timney units from Hannams - but only fullbore stuff. But stock level seemed OK so maybe worth giving Pat a call. And of course there's Rimfire Magic/ S Yorks Shooting for most things Ruger.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

i have a KIDD in mine - more expensive but worth every penny

Ive had a timmny on mine it now sports a Voltrquasten (not sure of spelling!) both are good made a huge diffence over the original one

Thread might be a bit old, but has anyone experience of the Power custom stuff?

I see that Midway are doing the kit for 81.95, and as Pete Starley is just down the road from me it could make sense if it's worth having?

http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...roducts/181454

Quote Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post
    Thread might be a bit old, but has anyone experience of the Power custom stuff?

I see that Midway are doing the kit for 81.95, and as Pete Starley is just down the road from me it could make sense if it's worth having?

http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...roducts/181454
    I do not have the Power Custom, but have heard great things about them. My main problem with the Power Custom is that for twice the price of the hammer and springs above, you could get the full drop in Timney.

I have a two Timney's and a Kidd. Both are great. The Kidd's trigger can be adjusted, and when brought down to 1.5lbs, it is a great option for the target crowd.

The Timney's trigger is fixed and breaks at 2.75lbs. I prefer the Timney for plinking, bunnies, and field work. The 1.5 is just too light.

Timney vs Kidd - depends on price.

Would like to try out the Voltsquartsen next.
    Last edited by FISMA; 05-04-2014 at 16:35.