Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black pheasant

Black pheasant

I 've never seen a melanistic pheasant before and never seen a pheasant Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black pheasant.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	337.7 KB 
ID:	35948in my garden in Harrow before. Half an hour ago I saw this!

A big estate near me puts alot of black pheasants out, im fairley sure Jayb knows his stuff on melanistic pheasants.

That crow has got some huge feet on him! :-)

Shoot up the road had all black birds a couple of years back, left no doubt whos where squashed on the road...

Could be a French Noir, they look black from one angle then more of a brown from another. Even the legs are very dark just the bottoms of the feet are pale.

Is that comment racial towards that pheasant

the lads that do the pheasants on one of my grounds have got a white hen pheasant roaming about , it sticks out like a sore thumb , its been goin about for a couple of years now dont think their allowed to shoot it

if they are like us wi put a 100 fine on pure white pheasants that are shot we do a lot of noir reeves cocks whixh are quite black oin col0our
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    if they are like us wi put a 100 fine on pure white pheasants that are shot we do a lot of noir reeves cocks whixh are quite black oin col0our
    cheers mate , i didnt know that , dont really speak to them anyway they spooked all my bucks in the one area earlier in the season putting feeders and holding pens up where bucks in velvet were holding , never seen them in the area again by the time they should have cast

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    One of the shoots I used to beat on did the same but only 50 fine then on beaters day all the syndicate guns put 20 in a pot and it was there for any beater who could shoot it. Funny in 5 seasons before the shoot folded it was never seen on beaters day
    Wingy