Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged new brass

Damaged new brass

Brought some new .223 Remington brass and found this in the bag while sorting out the flash holes and primer pockets.

I find it hard to believe that something like this should be able to pass through quality control it's not like a little dent that will fire form out. I fully appreciate the usual smart arses will be on here saying that you should only buy Lapua or such grade brass but that shouldn't have to be the case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Can you imagine how many gazillions of these little fellers fly through the packing plant?, if the weight was somewhere near correct for the pack, it was sealed up & sent out...the brand you have there are not sorted by the human eye or hand.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Doesn't ammeter which brand you buy, there will be some cases that pass through QC that shouldn't.

I have a couple of high end brass cases without primer holes and some interesting marks that should have landed them in the scrap bin.

Doesn't happen often, but worthwhile checking all your new cases when you buy new brass

wow someone must have been hungry! you would think they all be checked, best write to them you might get some vouchers or free brass for your troubles, good luck, Dean

if i had a .223 ,,,,, i would send you 1.

The first new brass I ever bought was Remington for a .223, 3 didn't pass muster, although not that bad.
    I have only ever bought PPU since, never had one I couldn't use, and most bags no matter the calibre have had a couple of extras in.
    Only rifles I have bought Lapua for have been either because there is no other choice i.e. 220 Russian, or because it's cheap, 7.62x39 at 39 a 100

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    wow someone must have been hungry! you would think they all be checked, best write to them you might get some vouchers or free brass for your troubles, good luck, Dean

Good luck with that one .

This may have been the case many years ago when Remington was run by those that cared. Now it's owned by a capital venture Company who only care how much profit they can wring out of the punters ............................ sorry customers. The same company bought Marlin and look at how they have gone downhill since. First thing they did was sack the experienced staff then move Marlin to the Remington plant and quality was so poor they had many recalls.

No doubt they sold the Marlin site for development and made a huge profit on it.

The other issue here in the UK is that one normally has to deal with the importer. Time will tell how well the new Remington one handles things but EB were dire to deal with in the later years as I discovered to my cost.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 24-12-2013 at 08:35. Reason: typo

Anybody had similar from Nosler "Custom"?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Anybody had similar from Nosler "Custom"?
    Not used Nosler Custom but have never had it with boxes of Lapua or Norma brass; did once get one like it in a bag of Winchester 222 brass. Have also had necks split in factory loaded Remington & Federal 222 ammo on first firing.

You pays your money and takes your chance!

Just bought a couple of bags of 260 rem , Remington make -- all ok and there were two extra cases per bag -- no complaints there !

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933