Happy christmas to mmmmmeeeeeeeee!

1st Pattern Paul

Now I know there are certain members on here who will appreciate this pretty little rifle. A Heym Kipplauf SR44B in 7 x 57. She is numbered 440005, so the fifth one off the production line, not that they rattle off a production line as all are hand built. I have seen them numbered up to high ninetys. Another member bought one a year or two ago and I was anoid with myself for not buying that one. Anyway having since spoken to him, nice guy, I'm sure he will appreciate it for years to come. So you can imagine that when this one poped up I snapped it up as fast as I could. I couldn't be more pleased with it, even though I had to part with my beloved Ruger No1 for it.
I intend to use this for taking the occasional trophy animal and will post pics as and when that happens. I have a nice fallow buck lined up for a start.

2013-12-13 20.01.22.jpg2013-12-13 20.01.37.jpg2013-12-13 21.29.24.jpg2013-12-13 21.29.39.jpg2013-12-13 21.29.46.jpg

Beautiful rifle, I knew two guys who purchased similar rifles about 25 years back. The one was in 7x57 the same as your rifle and the other guy purchased one in .243w I believe but can't be certain if my recollection is quite correct there. Both guys were extremely proud to own such a rifle and I was as envious as hell as I couldn't afford one.

Now that is one real nice Christmas present. Pity about the scope though it deserves a German scope. :stir: :lol:

Beautiful rifle, I knew two guys who purchased similar rifles about 25 years back. The one was in 7x57 the same as your rifle and the other guy purchased one in .243w I believe but can't be certain if my recollection is quite correct there. Both guys were extremely proud to own such a rifle and I was as envious as hell as I couldn't afford one.

Now that is one real nice Christmas present. Pity about the scope though it deserves a German scope. :stir: :lol:

Yes you're right it will end up with a S & B on it I dare say, but I couldn't afford a nice new scope as well so I'll just have to wait I guess. Not that there is anything wrong with the Leupy buy I know what you mean.
Yes when new they are silly money but mine was second hand and I could just stretch to afford it.

Thanks

Paul

Enjoy your new rifle Paul, I know that I would. You can keep your tacticool rifles as far as I am concerned they may shoot well but they don't have style and class.

Fantastic looking rifle. You will feel a bit special when out stalking with it. Just don't under use it. Rifles are meant to be used not kept in cabinets!
Baguio

Very nice indeed.

I am not feeling the slightest bit green at all ...................................................................... nope not a bit :drool: nope not me....

I had an identical 44B in 7x57, serial number next to yours. Even the wood was the same, a truly beautiful rifle. The thing that amazed me was the lack of recoil from such a light rifle. Getting rid of mine was a wrench but I just didnt use that calibre any more. I have no doubt you will get great pleasure from it.

Thank you for all the nice comments guys. It is a truly beautiful rifle as you say and a pleasure to own. I can't wait to start using it. I have found a round that seems to be grouping at about 1 1/4 at 100, so not too bad concidering it's not a floating barrel. I have an R93 for my day to day culling but this one will be for those days when I'm just stalking for pleasure, those early Roe Buck May mornings spring to mind. Not that it's ever a chore.

ATB

Paul

It will shoot better than that when you develop the right load for it, of that I am certain.

Back