Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High seat quality / recommendations

High seat quality / recommendations

HIGH SEAT TREE STAND ROE RED MUNTJACK FALLOW STALKING DEER SHOOTING HUNTING | eBay

Are these any good? Price seems reasonable just wanted to see what the forum has to say on them. Any advice on what to look out for etc appreciated.

Tris.

ive got one there ok, but the shooting rail is way too low ,i altered mine

Agree with 223, rail is ridiculously low.

Frank

I have sat in a couple of these in the past. I wouldn't buy one myself as they aren't that sturdy.

I think most metal ready made seats are far inferior to a self made wooden seat. The wooden ones require less maintenance generally and when they do need maintenance it's relatively easy to do.

I think a seat like the one you've posted would not remain in decent nick for more than a season, at most two.

PM Mereside on here as, looking at his feedback, he makes some great seats
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I have one, it's been repainted and reinforced. As said above the rest is far too low unless you want to put it at the top of a bank!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    I think most metal ready made seats are far inferior to a self made wooden seat. The wooden ones require less maintenance generally and when they do need maintenance it's relatively easy to do.

I think a seat like the one you've posted would not remain in decent nick for more than a season, at most two.
    Not sure about that. There was one of these left by the previous stalker on my little patch. I decided to take it down last year in order to renovate it and was unlatching the retaining strap when it bent in half with me half way up the ladder. My eldest daughter was assisting me and I kept telling her to keep it pressed against the tree as I thought it was simply coming away from the tree, unaware that it had snapped in the centre due to corrosion. It was a bit like a Buster Keaton sketch with her holding the bottom half of the ladder tight against the tree and me moving further away from it. I landed up throwing it in the scrap bin but the high seat was ten years old and had been left outside for all that time.

The Sportsman Gun Centre currently have a special offer on these, buy four and get one free. Doesn't sound like a bad offer if you and a couple of mates get together on this.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

[QUOTE=8x57;703847] when it bent in half with me half way up the ladder...... it had snapped in the centre due to corrosion.[QUOTE]

Really? Nothing to do with too many burgers then?