Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call me suspicious but.....

Call me suspicious but.....

I know we're a welcoming lot, but I'm always a bit suspicious when a member with very few posts to his name starts posting lots of welcome posts on the introduction threads. One very recent example posted over 20 in less than an hour, something going on or am I just a suspicious sort?

it does make you wonder doesnt it weve had the same on ukv
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I know we're a welcoming lot, but I'm always a bit suspicious when a member with very few posts to his name starts posting lots of welcome posts on the introduction threads. One very recent example posted over 20 in less than an hour, something going on or am I just a suspicious sort?
    Csl change palmer mikes name for him he want to be called suspicious .

Yes - its like we're short of antagonistic/ aggressive/ argumentative/ tin foil hat wearing established members.... we need to be careful the wrong sorts dont get in!

Sorry, sorry in no way aimed at Palmer M, just a comment generally that was has been looking for an outlet for a while; tongue in cheek of course!

Admin tend to do quite a good job of filtering things - its down to us to use that little triangle bottom left of posts and let them do their thing - far better than individually trying to be quasi moderators.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

If you are referring to the user I think you are it has been reported and dealt with and he is on the naughty step and won't be advertising until he earns his 30 posts the right way.

You may have missed my point mo.
    im all for new blood and in no
    way wish to appear aggressive etc

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    just wondering why some new members wish to artificially boost their post count?
    i know there Are limits before you can send pms or sell on the forum
    Yes, it's this ^^

And yes, they are taking the mick. It's specifically against the rules as the limits are in place to filter out the lazy scam artists and one post wonders who can never be bothered to participate in the site properly.

Palmer Mike - I didn't miss your point - honestly and hoped I had conveyed that; by definition I failed to do that - my apologies. No intent to imply aggressiveness in your post at all. Your point was well made.

My guilt was in hijacking your post to put across a tangential point - which I suspected would be read and considered/ pondered by just about everyone but those it was directed at!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Palmer Mike - I didn't miss your point - honestly and hoped I had conveyed that; by definition I failed to do that - my apologies. No intent to imply aggressiveness in your post at all. Your point was well made.

My guilt was in hijacking your post to put across a tangential point - which I suspected would be read and considered/ pondered by just about everyone but those it was directed at!
    No problem mo, re reading your post you did make it clear just me reading it the wrong way probably.

Guys I tried to be welcoming and yes I admit raise my post number a tad to be able to reply a Pm I received about some private stalking an d trying to but something in the classifieds but I couldn't , I would much rather people approached my self and told me what I was doing rather than reporting it