sako quad

I had one in. 22lr and. 17hmr.
Same set up as Rob from monarch and a joy to use.
I put a set of high mounts on a 4-16x56 scope which left enough room to swap the barrel without removing the scope.
Stupidly accurate with win subs and Hornsey 17s
Only sold it as I swapping the barrel over too often for my liking so switched to a certain 22 and a cz 17rem as I find the remaining much better on the Foxes.
The gentleman on here that no has the rifle in 17hmr has taken rabbits out to silly distances regularly with this set up.
I did have some issues with non extracting. 22s but cured it completely by replacing the extractor claw (£10!)

Yes, Kinney,s shooting supply , Top rate for Sako Bits and bob,s I HAVE used them , they ship us post 1ST CLASS , so takes about two weeks , or so, good value postage,,, you need to open Acount on there web page, , They are a VERY good reliable outfit , WELL, they get my vote anyway ,

Last edited:
How accurate are the sako quad rifles compared to a cz in 22lr ?

there is another thread on this
I can't comment on the CZ but with a full length factory barrel the holes all touch at 50yds

in fact messing around with my brother in law he was drawing a face on the target with the holes

you won't need a MOA rail on a rimfire

predominantly used on rifles shooting at very long range to keep the scope adjustments within the mid range of their adjustments or to extend the range of the elevation adjustments for a seriously long range rifle/scope combination

effectively lifts the rear of the scope 20MOA thereby adding 20MOA to the turret adjustments available for silly distances

think scopes that have a 60MOA (6 turns of a 10MOA dial) vertical adjustment range sitting on a 308 with a shooter looking to shoot at 1000yds

bear in mind if the scope is centred in its adjustment you may have 30 MOA up and 30 MOA down
you may need more than 30MOA to get that on the board

so the rail brings the zeroed setting to 10MOA down and 30MOA up adjustment on offer

Ah much clearer; I still don't profess to fully understand, but think I understand enough now for my purposes. Thanks very much bewsher, much appreciated.

All I want is to convert the dovetail to weaver for more straight forward changing of barrels, so I guess the 0 MOA rail is the most appropriate?

Perhaps the 20 MOA rise rail would be helpful for giving the extra height needed to change barrels without removing scope, but would also surely make the trajectory more bendy with the scope further away from the barrel?

Perhaps the 20 MOA rise rail would be helpful for giving the extra height needed to change barrels without removing scope, but would also surely make the trajectory more bendy with the scope further away from the barrel?

actually the opposite
it would tip the scope bell forward towards the barrel to allow for greater elevation of the barrel shooting longer distances

20060122222156!Figure_2-_Illustration_of_a_Rifle_Showing_Line_of_Sight_and_Bore_Angle..jpg

Ahh, got it, thanks! Notwithstanding the added barrel change complication, as distance vs. quietness is already covered between .22LR and .17HMR barrels, I don't need (and wouldn't want given accuracy and suitability of the respective calibres) more distance, so think I'll go for the 0 MOA. Thank you very much again for taking the time to help me with explaining :tiphat:

Tim

I've got a Quad in 22lr at the moment, I just sold my CZ 452 17hmr with the idea of getting a 17 barrel.

Currently I'm using a set of high warne mounts with a 56mm objective nightforce, i've got no problems replacing the barrel with the mounts and the scope doesn't look overly high.

With the 22 barrel it is very very accurate, and great to shoot. I've pushed it out to 180 yards (on paper targets) and its surprisingly accurate. Like mentioned before, sometimes it won't extract fired rounds.. but if you keep the extractor clean and free of any carbon it will very rarely happen.

It's a great rifle, that being said, i have the synthetic version and HATE the stock.. it feels very very plasticy and cheap. I'm regretting not getting the wood stock version, and I'm on the look out for a wood stock or a McMillan A3-5 (but it seems i'll be lucky to get one of those in this country..)

Simon - sincere apologies for hijacking your thread, I just hope the extra discussion has at least been of some interest/benefit.

Palo - many thanks for the recommendation for Kinney's. The Quad Weaver Rail arrived a few days ago along with a spare set of mounts. Great service and a great product. I've slipped the rail onto the Quad and am just waiting for some Loctite to secure the 8 x grub screws that fix onto the action.

Bewsher - thanks again for all the tips, I picked up a .22 LR barrel to compliment the HMR this afternoon and will be heading out to zero and figure out the scope clicks between the two barrels in due course.

:tiphat:

Thanks again gents, the rail is great:

It's just a shame I can't get the zero to return anywhere near when changing between barrels. The clicks have proven to vary between 40 and 60 elevation and 10 and 20 windage. I will try once more, but think I'm resigned to having to add a second action as I need/want the flexibility of being able to grab .22 or HMR depending on what's most needed/appropriate, without having to re-zero.

Leupold QR weaver mounts x2
two scopes

+1

probably cheaper and certainly more effective way than having to get a variation and mess about with another action. You would also have to buy another scope for the second action so saving quite a bit in total.

I would also chuck recknagel mounts into the mix as well as Luepold, as I am starting to become quite attached to their products.

:lol: I'd need a second scope whether using QR mounts or having a second action. I happen to have a second scope and although QR mounts would be cheaper (~£160), a second action is £440, so for £280 difference (although far from an inconsequential amount), would give the benefit of not having to mess around with scope and barrel changes.

It's a rimfire at the end of the day
mine was shod in a brand new £850 leupold when I bought it!
i spent a month twiddling turrets between barrels until it drove me nuts!!

it now wears qr mounts and nikko, bushnell and 2 Walthers!! None of which cost more than £50!!

Qrw mounts are about £60-70 new

its worth it, you won't look back

Have you tried leuapold qr bases found them very good when I had them on my old WMR when my cabinet was a bit small.

True military grade picatinny are good found some weaver one not as reliable.

Some really great news sako are to re introduce there .22 finfire mk 2 back which for me is a far better rifle than the quad the mk 1 are still making great prices

Back