Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Range-Finding Binocular Test by PrecisionRifleBlog.com

Ultimate Range-Finding Binocular Test by PrecisionRifleBlog.com

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Thanks for that,I enjoy reviews as such far more than the 'bloke in the street' that comes up with ' my mate has X and they are the best'

Makes one wonder why there are no Swaro`s in the test....certainly not ultimate eh!
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

"Ultimate", but missing Swaro RFs...

My decision was made 12m ago, so I'm not so bothered, but seems a bit odd - Maybe Sporting Rifle had all the PR kit!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    On further reading

Swarovski EL Range: The Missing Pair

The Swarovski EL Range is the only pair of rangefinding binoculars I’m aware of that wasn’t included in my field tests … but it wasn’t for lack of effort. I talked to people at Swarovski multiple times trying to convince them to be part of this. I spent hours explaining the comprehensive line-up I’d compiled, and even detailed the field tests I was planning to run through with each pair. I answered every question they asked, and they still declined to be part of it. I’ll let you decide what that means.
    Last edited by johngryphon; 24-12-2013 at 17:30.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    On further reading

Swarovski EL Range: The Missing Pair

The Swarovski EL Range is the only pair of rangefinding binoculars I’m aware of that wasn’t included in my field tests … but it wasn’t for lack of effort. I talked to people at Swarovski multiple times trying to convince them to be part of this. I spent hours explaining the comprehensive line-up I’d compiled, and even detailed the field tests I was planning to run through with each pair. I answered every question they asked, and they still declined to be part of it. I’ll let you decide what that means.

They did Months and Months of pre release testing with hunters John, it was found to be more than adequate. This is a case of Swarovski showing a cool sense of decorum. They don't have anything to prove, so what would a review show the world that they can't already guess at?

Had mine a year or so now? Wouldn't trade them for anything else that's available, even if you gave me my money back and gave me one of the competitors models for free.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Swaro doing a Ferrari-esque, "we're too cool and elite to subject ourselves to vulgar tests against inferior marques..."
    "Jenkins! Chap over there with the wings - five rounds, rapid"

Was an interesting read

Rick

If only "Sporting Rifle" could learn to do product reviews like this.
    atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    Swaro doing a Ferrari-esque, "we're too cool and elite to subject ourselves to vulgar tests against inferior marques..."
    I don't think Swaro do themselves any favours with this sort of attitude. From what I can see their marketing strategy is different from the "serious optics" companies who seem to go all out for optical performance but who may, as a result, not be so good with the marketing and the whole package. Swaro make adequate optics but seem to go bigger on the "brand" and also on customer service and for many people these things are just as valuable and they certainly add considerable value to the package. I think Swaro don't like to be shown to be second, or third, best as that doesn't sit with the marketing and brand image but the truth is that their optics are really very good indeed even if they may not be the absolute best. By not taking part in tests like this, and good objective tests of mass market optics seem to me to be a very rare thing indeed, Swaro leave people thinking "I wonder just how bad their product is when they won't test it against Leupold?"
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

All I read into it is that Swaro was scared to go up against the newer Leica HD-B..............................